• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

How can I tell what devices are listed on my account?

HI, How can I tell what devices are listed on my account?  I  purchased a laptop, and installed Norton, but returned the laptop.

I wanted to update how many devices I had.  There is one device that says it needs a fix.   But the laptops I am using both say secure.  What is the other device and should I remove it?  Thank you.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: How can I tell what devices are listed on my account?

Did you wipe your information off the laptop you returned? 

Log into your Norton Account at   https://my.norton.com   click on the My Norton at the top right then on My Subscriptions. Click on the right arrow beside your current subscription, then on Manage Licenses. Look for the name for the Laptop you returned, then click on the trash can beside that. That will remove that activation from your subscription.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos0

Thank you for your reply.  When it brought the laptop back, they checked to see what was wrong, and they wiped it while I was there.   I have 3 devices listed currently, but only have 2.  They say secure and I checked when I used them last.

There is  third that says there is a problem.  I do not have a third, Should I delete it?

If at some time Norton was uninstalled and reinstalled, would that show up as a new device?

Thank you for your help.

Kudos0

I would delete the third device. That is probably the device that you no longer have.

If you reinstall Norton at some time, it should not add another device to your Norton Account page. Having said that, the Devices page on the Norton Account page has been known to show strange information. The page that always seems to be correct is the My Subscriptions page, that I described above. 

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Kudos1 Stats

My Subscription page will show your device by the Windows Device name and if you change it in Windows it will update My Subscription page.

Open the Norton UI on a system and select Help-About and at the top it will show a Device name. This is the Device name under My Devices. If you change the Device name under My Devices it will update the Devices name in Help-About on that device.

Remote Management must be ON.

Windows Computer Name >>> My Subscription Name

My Device Name >>> Help-About name.

Jim