Announcing Norton 22.15.1 Update for Windows
[Updated on September 12, 2018] Norton Security 18.104.22.168 is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate.
We are pleased to announce that a Windows 10 RedStone (RS5) compatibility update is now available for Norton Products, updating the version to 22.214.171.124 This update is available via LiveUpdate for Norton 22.14.x, and will be automatically downloaded and installed.
This update is available for the following Norton products:
- Norton Security
- Norton Security with Backup
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton 360
- Norton Antivirus
- Norton Security Online
To verify you have the update for Norton Security 126.96.36.199, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.
1. What is the version number for this patch?
The version number is 188.8.131.52
2. When will I receive the patch?
As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.
3. How can I manually install these patches?
This patch is only available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.
4. Whats's new in Norton 184.108.40.206?
- Fixed an issue where activation fails with Server error (-2016)
- Fixed an issue where Local backup fails with an error "Make sure the destination drive or device is connected”
- Other bug fixes
Bug fixes and changes in 220.127.116.11:(Previous Build)
- Norton 18.104.22.168 product version is compatible with upcoming Windows 10 Redstone 5 (RS5) Operating System
[Note: Microsoft has not yet released Windows 10 RedStone 5 (RS5) build officially]
- Backup and Restore enhancements
- License Usage Details on Norton Product main interface
- Localized Product Manuals availability in installed Norton Product "Help Center"
- Norton Maintenance Mode for Windows XP and Windows Vista
With 22.15 release, Norton will be moving Windows XP and Windows Vista versions of its client security software into Maintenance Mode. Maintenance Mode means that the Norton client security software installed on Windows XP and Windows Vista will continue to receive certain services, like malware definition updates, but that certain other services, like new product capabilities, will no longer be provided. Please refer Norton Maintenance Mode for Windows XP and Windows Vista for more details
Bug Fixes and Improvements:
- Fixed an issue where "Norton product was crashing while running backup"
- Fixed Autofill/AutoSave not working for Gmail.com in IE browser
- Fixed Password autofill not working for Amazon.com in IE browser
- Other minor bug fixes
- Norton 22.214.171.124 patch update is released only for customers running Norton 126.96.36.199
- Reboot required for Windows XP and Windows Vista.
- Norton 22.15.1 supports: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10