• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Symantec 22.15.1.1 - 22.15.1.8

Hello all. Is this update still getting received? I am wondering because I believe the 22.15.1 came out 2 months ago, and I have never recieved any update for it. I'm still at the 22.15.0.88 and, didn't know if there were issues with the latest patch? and thus not everyone is able to receive it as a live update. Thanks

DELL XPS 8900 / I7-6700 / 64bit / 16GB RAM Win7 Pro - Norton Security

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Symantec 22.15.1.1 - 22.15.1.8

I think you must run Norton Auto Fix, on clicking Get Support, in this case. Then do the Restart if mention by Auto Fix window.

Even if issue persist I suggest you to download fresh copy of your Norton Security Product, latest Version 22.15.1.8, after full uninstall.

Thank You!

Ranjan Kumar
Kudos0

Thank you Ranjan for your reply. I did the Auto-Fix and nothing changed. I then did a re-download from my norton account and it kept the version at 22.15.0.88 as well. I'm continuing to think that not everyone is getting this latest update. I know its been a controlled rollout. I assume its because of bugs not completely worked out, is my guess.

Kudos0

You can download and install your Norton Security from here: http://norton.com/latestns. For Norton Security Premium: http://norton.com/latestnsbu try this link to download fresh software. Hope it helps.

Ranjan Kumar
Kudos0

You provided the same link I used to check latest version, and it showed the same version as I have. I then went to my norton account to get latest, and it shows as 22.15.0.88 as well. That's why I think its still a 'rolled plan' for downloads and in phases on who gets.

Kudos0

@plb4333

Sorry I'm late to this thread.  I am not sure if the update has completed it's phased roll- out, but I expect it has not due to the info I'll provide later in this post.  If you look at the following link:   

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/7988961#comment-7988961

You will see the following:

Note
Norton 22.15.1.8 patch update is released only for customers running Norton 22.15.0.88

I have verified the latest download available as @Ranjan313 has pointed to ( http://norton.com/latestns or http://norton.com/latestnsbu ) is a download for 22.15.0.88 and would be the same supplied by your Norton Account and the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool.  The direct links for download are not updated until the phased roll-out is completed thus a user would have to have 22.15.0.88 installed and run LiveUpdate to update the program to 22.15.1.8.

Since you are already on 22.15.0.88, I would suggest you run the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool ( https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v60392881_End...) in order to remove your current version (which may be corrupted).  You will need to select Advanced Options after the User Agreement and select Remove Only.  After the removal is complete, go to your Norton Account or the direct link supplied above and download a new copy of 22.15.0.88 and then run LiveUpdate and see if it will update for you. Please note - run LiveUpdate numerous times until it responds "no updates available" - this will ensure you have the latest definitions.

Please let us know if this helps.

Kudos0

plb4333:

Hello all. Is this update still getting received? I am wondering because I believe the 22.15.1 came out 2 months ago, and I have never recieved any update for it.... I then went to my norton account to get latest, and it shows as 22.15.0.88 as well.

Hi plb4333:

According to the product announcement <here> the v22.15.1.8 product update only went into wide release around 12-Sep-2018 (I received my update via an Automatic LiveUpdate on 13-Sep-2018) and as far as I know this version hasn't been pulled from the LiveUpdate servers.  Your user profile says you're a member of the Norton Beta (EAP) Program, so if you've had a beta version installed on your system in the past that might have something to do with your product update problems.  If the problem persists I'd suggest a clean reinstall as instructed in freespace77's thread Windows Defender Still Active.

It's normal for the full offline installers at https://www.norton.com/latestns (NS Standard/Deluxe) and https://www.norton.com/latestnsbu (NS Premium) to be one or two versions behind the latest product update - those full offline installers are only replaced on the download servers if there is a major change to the scan engine. If you use those download links and reinstall Norton with a v22.15.0.88 installer just run manual LiveUpdates until it reports there are no further updates, re-boot, and then run a few more manual Live Updates just to make sure your product is fully patched back to v22.15.1.8 per STEP # 5 of the clean reinstall instructions.

Also note that most product updates are delivered in two parts (one to prep your system for the update and a second that actually changes your product version number at Help | General Information | About so that the switch to the new scan engine disrupts your real-time malware protection as little as possible) so it might take a few cycles of consecutive LiveUpdates and re-boots until you're fully patched to the current product version.

There have been a few reports in the past day or so of v22.15.1.8 users who have received the first part of a new product update (probably the v22.16.0.x update that was recently released to beta testers in the Norton EAP board) but the v22.16.0 rollout might have been suspended because of early bug reports - see VickieG's thread Patch Removed Office 365.  However, I don't think that should prevent you from receiving the v22.15.1.8 update if you run a few manual LiveUpdates after reinstalling Norton.

EDIT:

Sorry, I didn't notice that yank had already posted similar information while I was composing my reply.
-----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.9.0 * NS Premium v22.15.1.8

Kudos0

Hi plb4333:

One other thing I forgot to mention, since I've noticed a user plb4333 posting in the Malwarebytes forum and assume you're the same person...

If you have a paid version of Malwarebytes Premium v3.x installed that loads at boot-up and runs in real-time protection mode alongside Norton, keep an eye on your Norton LiveUpdate history (Security | History | Show | LiveUpdate) and see if your Automatic LiveUpdates are failing on occasion.  I've had issues running Norton and MB Premium v3.x together on my Vista SP2 computer for several months now, even if I create mutual scan exclusions in both products.  For example, Norton Automatic LiveUpdates often fail unless I disable MB Web Protection and re-boot (see <here>) and my MB system tray icon will occasionally crash at boot-up unless I disable MB v3.x Self-Protection and re-boot (see <here>).  MB Customer Support hasn't been able to suggest a viable workaround that doesn't impact my MB v3.x real-time protection so I deactivated my MB Premium license a few months ago and currently use MB as a free on-demand scanner.

If you have MB Premium you might not be experiencing similar issues on your Win 7 SP1 computer but it's something to keep in mind.
-----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.9.0 * NS Premium v22.15.1.8 * MB v3.5.1-1.0.365

Kudos0

Thank you to all of you, it's greatly appreciated! to Ranjeen, Hank, lmacri. While I have done so many live updates daily its ridiculous, and I also have no errors in history logs. All the live updates have completed. So I assume its a possible corruption involved, even tho there's no evidence of it anywhere else, other than this. When I mentioned '2 months ago' for this patch, I was referring to 22.15.1.1 and not 22.15.18 which came out in Sept. 12..I believe the 22.15.1.1 was in august somewhere. I'll give this another week or so and see if it downloads, if not, I'll uninstall and reinstall. The MBAM I use should be ok when running since I don't believe there's any conflicts that have been reported and using the premium version of MBAM.

Kudos0

plb4333:

...I was referring to 22.15.1.1 and not 22.15.18 which came out in Sept. 12..I believe the 22.15.1.1 was in august somewhere. I'll give this another week or so and see if it downloads, if not, I'll uninstall and reinstall...

Hi plb4333:

Are you certain you aren't using a beta version of Norton, or do you have a branded (free) version of Norton that is provided by an internet security provider (ISP) like Comcast/Xfinity? I have a paid subscription for the "regular" version of Norton Security and my v22.15.0.88 was updated directly to 22.15.1.8.  If I go to Help | General Information | About  my LiveUpdate Channel says "Traditional" (i.e., not "EAP" for a beta test version).

I assumed your v22.15.1.1 was a typo since I never received this update, and I can't find any other users posting about this version number in this forum . If you're a Comcast/Xfinity customer please note that they've recently switched from Norton Security Suite (NSS) to Norton Security Online per the support article NEW: Norton Security Online and How To Get It?.
-----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.9.0 * NS Premium v22.15.1.8 * MB v3.5.1-1.0.365

Kudos0

We have never seen 22.15.1.1 version been roll-out. Better you contact Norton support team for remote connection to solve the query.

Ranjan Kumar
Kudos0

Ranjan313:

We have never seen 22.15.1.1 version been roll-out. Better you contact Norton support team for remote connection to solve the query.

...and further to Ranjan313's comment, be sure you contact the official Norton Customer Support via Live Chat at https://www.norton.com/chat if you need to contact them directly.  There are also links to their official support sites in the right column of every page in this forum under the heading Urgent Customer Issues.
-----------

Kudos0

Hello all. I did a CHAT mode with support. And he did all the things I had originally done and since there was no corruption, he mentioned it just hasn't happened yet for me to get update. There was nothing preventing it, but just hasn't happened as yet. I don't use Comcast or any other ISP involvement for Norton Installation. I definitely was out of ideas tho, I had done Auto-Fix, re-download of product from my norton account and, my EAP didn't prevent either. It is strange that this phased rollout would take this long tho. Thanks for all the replies pertaining to this, as it's sincerely appreciated. Great support in this forum, for sure...

Kudos0

New patch released on server. Simply Run LiveUpdate to install the new version 22.16.0.247

Ranjan Kumar
Kudos1 Stats

Ranjan313:

New patch released on server. Simply Run LiveUpdate to install the new version 22.16.0.247

See Announcing Norton Security 22.16 Update for Windows in the Product Update Announcements blog for further details, and please note that v22.16.0.247 is only available for Win 7 SP1 (SP1 must be installed) and higher.
-----------

Kudos0

This has finally been resolved. For some strange reason, there had to be something either in the registry or ? that was preventing the update. There were no errors on behalf of Norton Security when it came to logs/history. It really had me baffled since it seemed nothing was amiss. HOWEVER, after doing a uninstall and reinstall, the very 1st live update went to 22.15.1.8 right away. Then today I LiveUpdated again and received the 22.16.0.247, and right away another patch after that, but version stayed the same. So Thank you's to Ranjan and lmacri, both of you are truly supporting, and is appreciated sincerely. :)

Side Note: lmacri, I believe, but not absolutely certain, that the 22.15.1.1 was a in-house update, not for public usage. Only when it went to 22.15.1.8 did it become available. When I had mentioned the one ending in 1.1, I had previously gotten that via search link, using Google, and I presumed it was a release, but apparently it wasn't.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.