• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Life Lock In Version 22.16.2.22

Hi. I updated my Norton Security via LiveUpdate and its version changed to 22.16.2.22 and also its Logo changed from (Norton by Symantec) to (Norton LifeLock).

Does this mean that I can use LifeLock? Let me mention that I purchased an annual subscription for 3 devices.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Life Lock In Version 22.16.2.22

Norton has been offering Norton Security/Lifelock combo subscriptions to users in the USA for some time. The latest NS update just changes the logo being displayed on the NS product.

This is an old image, so the pricing will not be up to date.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Well, I'm using Polish version of Norton Security and there is no change in logo.

As usually non english users don't have all benefits of Norton on time, for example after more then a year "In-Product search" feature is still no available. :(

Kudos0

Lifelock is only available to residents of USA. So there is no reason to have that logo in versions that would normally be used outside of the USA.

Kudos0

Thanks to all of you. But I think there's no reason to display LifeLock icon on Norton Security for users whom didn't purchase LifeLock.

It's better to show the previous Logo which was (Norton by Symantec).

Kudos0

Hi @got3n, Can you please make sure you have latest LiveUpdates and restart system and let us know the logo change status? 

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

I had to run LiveUpdate two times to get the logo, first one was about 105mb and then I thought that it did include LiveLock but it did not then I did run LiveUpdate the second time, a small update did appear and after applying that update then I did get the LiveLock logo. Whats the benefit (not living in the USA) that is another queston, but at least I have the logo .

Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit.
Kudos0

Hello @Sunil_GA, I confirm that I have the latest version of NS on the screen below, also I installed 22.16.2.22 version on all my machines that include 2x Win 10 and 2x Win 8.1 and there is no new logo available.

Kudos0

got3n

But did you run LiveUpdate a second time to get the second patch we have reported here? And then restart your computer again.

The new version number is shown after the first patch. It was the second patch that got the Lifelock logo to display for others here.

Kudos0

Even though LifeLock is not supported in my country I now have the LifeLock icon.  Seems rather pointless to me.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Hi, @peterweb Of course I did all steps needed to be done to fully update NS.

Kudos1 Stats

..to show the "LifeLock" logo" in a country, where this add on will not be offered is confusing and totally senseless!

Kudos1 Stats

Hi Everyone, yes, that's our new logo. Everything you know and love about Norton is the same, but because cyber-threats keep evolving, Norton joined with LifeLock, a leader in identity theft protection, as part of one company (Symantec). This will allow us to offer you even more comprehensive, all-in-one types of protection in the near future.

You do not need to do anything and you will not experience any changes with your current product or service. This also does not mean that LifeLock identity theft protection is being added to the current product you are enrolled in as identity theft protection feature is only available in certain countries at this time, but please watch for our expanded offerings soon.

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation