• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos1 Stats

no norton in task bar and when found it asks for repeated update

New lptp with Norton for two months.............

Fired up today and no Norton in taskbar? Tried left windows side panel, click on Norton.........nothing. Retried, nothing. Third retry and loaded.............eventually, but continuous update request on restart after previous update restart.........and again, and again.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: no norton in task bar and when found it asks for repeated update

Hello Newhit. If you are on Windows 10 disable "fast startup", then reboot. Run live updates after the reboot until none are offered and reboot again. Let us know if this fixes the issue for you. Fast startup can cause issues with software due to updates not completely getting installed. This is due to data not being released from memory.

Cheers

Retired military (Navy 1980-2002) "From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1809 / build 17763.253 / NSBU 22.16.3.21 / Norton Core v.270 on Android
Kudos0

Got past that but now I can't get Norton in my "Manage Addons" section

Kudos0

Hello again. It appears that your install has indeed become corrupted. Please do the following, download the Removal and Reinstall tool HERE. When you run the tool ensure you are logged into the computer as an admin. Run the tool and perform a "REMOVE ONLY". Once completed reboot the system. DO NOT reinstall your product at this time. When rebooted, log into your Norton account, download, install and reactivate your product from there. Once the product has completed install run live updates until none are offered. Reboot the computer a second time. Once booted rerun live updates to check for any that may now be available. Re-check for your addon's issue, you will once again have to setup the password manager and make sure your addon's are loading in your browser. Please let us know how things worked out. We can assist further if needed.

Cheers

Retired military (Navy 1980-2002) "From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1809 / build 17763.253 / NSBU 22.16.3.21 / Norton Core v.270 on Android
Kudos0

Newhit:

Got past that but now I can't get Norton in my "Manage Addons" section

What browser are you using? The browser add ons come from the extension/add on store for that browser. Except for IE 11, they are no longer part of the main Norton products. You need to look in the Manage Addons section for a link to get new add ons/extensions.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.