• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Password manager fails

Password manager (Local vault) fills in the proper information (User name and Password) but web site rejects the login. If I turn off "Auto Submit" and then backspace the last character of User Name and manually enter the last character, then backspace the last character of the Password and then manually it and then click on the web site's "Submit" button it will accept my login attempt.

Is there a fix for this problem, This problem happen on some site's but not all the sites I log into.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Password manager fails

@JImS

Please open your Password Manager > double click on one of the log-ins that the above occurs on.  Verify that you have the following block checked:  Please note the image is slightly different from what you will see, as it is the Create Login Screen rather than an actual login. 

In order to change these settings, select EDIT from the top right of the opened login (would be where the Cancel is in the above image).  Place the check marks in both Auto-Fill and Auto-Submit and then SAVE.

Kudos0

I've already done / tried that with no success. I'm using IE11, do you think trying a different web browser (Chrome for instance) would make it work?

Kudos0

Hello

It's worth a try especially since IE 11 is on it's way out.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 270 I E 11 Chrome latest one
Kudos0

JImS:

I've already done / tried that with no success. I'm using IE11, do you think trying a different web browser (Chrome for instance) would make it work?

@JImS

Using another browser will not provide the option to Auto-fill/Auto Submit as is available in IE11, however it may permit the login to work properly.  So good idea to try another browser for troubleshooting.  

Kudos0

Auto Fill using Chrome doesn't work properly. One field (Password) is filled but the User / Account name is blank. Not going  to try Firefox for two reasons:

A) The green Safe Web Icons are not displayed next to each web site's URL.

B) Firefox is updated far too often.

Will stay with IE11 for now as it is available in all 3 supported versions of Windows.

Has anybody tried the Edge browser in Windows 10 to see if the password manager works properly?

Kudos0

I have used PWM with Edge in Win 10, and the most annoying thing I have encountered is that it signs you out of the vault more times than I like.  Also every time you close the EDGE Browser, you get signed out of PWM.  

I have seen some sights that I have to manually enter the password for - one being my Credit Union - but I look at it as an additional safety .

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.