• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

LiveUpdate

Hi All

I have noticed a problem past few months when updating my antivirus. after running liveupdate when prompted to install (patch) I click on install patch and nothing happens. so I run the update again same problem. has anyone had the same problem? I am running windows 8.1 

I have another computer that is running windows 7 after running antivirus updates when prompted to install patch any applications open at time would be closed and the patch would be installed and windows would restart so what is the problem with my windows 8.1 machine.

If no one has reported the same problem could someone direct me to symantec site where i can install and run the patches manually.    

Thanks in advance (newbie) 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: LiveUpdate

Welcome, ColeWilliams

This can sometimes be an issue.

Krusty13 one of our other Norton Gurus, has suggested that when the Apply Patch response comes up, click on Apply Later and then restart your machine.

The patch is then applied on restart, and seems to fix the problem with the Apply Now option.

I can confirm this works.

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Current
Kudos0

Thanks

I will try the tweak you have suggested next time I am prompted to install patch. I ran the live update but did not get prompted to install patch very strange. If I could ask one more question please could you please tell me how I can check to see what patches have been installed to date. Hope to see a permanent fix in future there must be others with windows 8.1 having the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

Kudos0

Hi, ColeWilliams. Go to the main UI, and under Security > History > in the drop down menu select Live Update >More Options which will give you Advanced Details listing what types of update have been installed on the date in question.

Click on Total Updates Applied for more info.  Hope that helps.

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Current
Kudos0

Update

I after installing live updates i was prompted to install the patch as per instructions I clicked to install later and re-booted my computer. After re-boot I logged into my computer and launched norton instead of launching i was presented with norton auto fix which I found very strange. the norton auto fix went off and done its thing after I was presented to re-boot after I re-booted logged back in and launched norton security and all seemed ok. I would like the community that I am a retired support tech and can get by with basic tech issues so I found this strange i will monitor and update the community.  

Kudos0

Update

I after installing live updates i was prompted to install the patch as per instructions I clicked to install later and re-booted my computer. After re-boot I logged into my computer and launched norton instead of launching i was presented with norton auto fix which I found very strange. the norton auto fix went off and done its thing after I was presented to re-boot after I re-booted logged back in and launched norton security and all seemed ok. I would like the community that I am a retired support tech and can get by with basic tech issues so I found this strange i will monitor and update the community.