• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

VPN when I stop it on PC, windows 10 it won't connect again. Mobile is fine.

I have Norton 360 which includes a VPN on my Windows 10 PC. Whenever I disconnect it, it will not reconnect again. Just keeps spinning around trying to make a connection. Rebooting and coming back into the dashboard still finds it trying to connect. Support has already uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked 2 times to disconnect then reconnect. Now it is hung up again. I have programs that don't do well with a VPN and I need to disconnect to use them. I don't have this problem on Norton Mobile, only the PC Help please Thanks Paul

Replies

Kudos0

Re: VPN when I stop it on PC, windows 10 it won't connect again. Mobile is fine.

Is this tied to the 360 beta?

Kudos0

Re: VPN when I stop it on PC, windows 10 it won't connect again. Mobile is fine.

Hi prkuhn140:

Please see dpic44's VPN Not Starting After Reboot as well as JJGolf5343's Secure VPN - Inconsistent Does Not Turn On.  Several Norton users who were recently invited via e-mail to upgrade to the "new" Norton 360 as part of a beta test are currently having issues with the bundled Norton Secure VPN for Windows.

See today's 15-Feb-2019 product update announcement Norton Secure VPN 2.2 for Windows Has Been Released!.  Run a LiveUpdate in the "new" Norton 360 and let us know if the latest Norton Secure VPN v2.2.0.508 for Windows solves your problem after this update has been installed.  Note that this update is not intended for customers running Norton Secure VPN standalone version 1.7.

In the mean time, I'll ask the Forum Moderators to move this thread to the Other Norton Products board for better exposure.

Kudos0

Hello,
See attached file

After doing a live update, restarting the computer, I am still having the same problem. I thought it was fixed because I turned off the VPN then about 10 minutes later turned it on and it went on. About 1/2 hour later I turned it off and now it won't go back on. Stuck in "Connecting" mode with the circle just spinning around forever. When I open the program and see the little box on the left upper corner of the screen, I can't move the "On" toggle in the lower right side to turn on. So, either way, nothing is happening.

I am having this problem with only my Windows PC. My Android devices are working fine.

I looked up my version and I have Norton 360 22.26.4.15 and VPN 2.2.0.508 I can't tell anywhere if this is a beta program. Can you help further?

Thanks
Paul

Kudos1 Stats

There are some problems with the VPN service included with the new 360 offerings. See this thread.   

I'll add this thread to the list I have created for my Norton contacts.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

prkuhn140:.

...I looked up my version and I have Norton 360 22.26.4.15 and VPN 2.2.0.508 I can't tell anywhere if this is a beta program....

Hi prkuhn140:

Yes, it looks like you've been upgraded to the "new" N360 Standard - your interface looks identical to the image dpic44 posted in their thread VPN Not Starting After Reboot.  As far as I know, if you have Norton Secure VPN then that likely means that you were selected to participate in the beta test described in Norton employee Gayathri_R's 19-Dec-2019 post in tzon89's thread Is This a New Product? Norton 360.  Hopefully someone from Norton will respond to Guru peterweb's request for official feedback on the status of this bug.

peterweb:
...I'll add this thread to the list I have created for my Norton contacts.... 

Hi peterweb:

Just an aside, but I was looking through the change log for the latest EAP v22.17.0.97 build <here> and it mentions a new Wi-Fi Security feature for protecting public WiFi connections, so it's possible that all Win 7 and higher users will have some sort of VPN bundled with their Norton product when the upcoming Norton v22.17.x  is officially released.
----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.9.0 * Norton Security Deluxe v22.15.1.8

Kudos0

So my question is ..What do I do with this malfunctioning part of Norton 360. Is there a fix or not? I feel a little mislead on your promotion to include this VPN in a promo and not have it work for my PC. So now if I want a VPN I have to pay a monthly fee to an outsider because Norton is selling an inferior product. What do I do here. Thanks Paul

Kudos0

I have the Norton VPN because you promoted an update to Norton 360 with LifeLock for an additional $6.95untillmy subscription is up No one said it was a beta project Paul

Kudos1 Stats

You are not alone in not knowing this new product is a beta. There is a blog announcement, but not many users know about those. And everyone that has mentioned the email has said there is no mention of the new offering being a beta. Poor communication on Norton's part.

Looking at your image posted earlier, what happens if you click the button on the bottom right of the Norton Secure VPN window?

By no means is this a fix, but another user has found a work around that seems to help get the VPN to start.  See this post.  https://community.norton.com/en/comment/8092101#comment-8092101

The only update we got from Norton is that they are aware of the issue and are working on it. Remember, most posters here, including gurus are just users like you who are volunteering our time to help from our experience with the products. We are all waiting for some official response from Norton.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hi prkuhn140:

From today's product update announcement Norton Secure VPN 2.3 for Windows Has Been Released:

Note: 

• This update is available via LiveUpdate for customers running new Norton 360 product [US ONLY].
  • This update is NOT available for customers running Norton Secure VPN 1.7 Standalone Version.

3. What are the changes in this build?

• Fixed the below issues:
    • Norton Secure VPN stays at "Connecting".
    • Incorrect message: "No Internet connection" appears on Norton dashboard.
    • Norton Secure VPN: Memory reference error while restarting or shutdown.
  • Performance enhancements

Let us know if Norton Secure VPN v2.3.0.549 for Windows has fixed the VPN connection issue  in your "new" Norton 360 beta.
----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.9.0 * Norton Security Deluxe v22.15.1.8

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.