• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos1 Stats

Norton Safe Web blocking access to TDameritrade.com on Firefox Quantum version 65.0.2 (64 bit)

https://invest.ameritrade.com/grid/p/site#r=home

Norton Rating:

Untested

Computer Threats: Identity Threats: Annoyance Threats: Total Threats: 0 0 0 0

Norton Safe Web

I Disable Safe Web it works fine...

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Safe Web blocking access to TDameritrade.com on Firefox Quantum version 65.0.2 (64 bit)

Is it actually blocking you or is it just showing as untested? I just tried your link and saw no block. A screenshot of the block you see would help us diagnose the issue. 

Instructions to post screenshots can be found here
https://community.norton.com/forums/how-post-image-forums-0

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos1 Stats

Re: Norton Safe Web blocking access to TDameritrade.com on Firefox Quantum version 65.0.2 (64 bit)

Please see the thread " Norton Safe Web Bug ".  TD Ameritrade has confirmed that "Safe Web" in Firefox is preventing users from getting to the log in page and only displaying a blank web page.  On some web pages you can enter a username/password but then will only display a blank web page.

I can get on to the TD Ameritade site by either disabling Safe Web in Firefox or using I.E.

Kudos0

Hello All

I will mention this to the Safe Web Team although I have heard of a symbol for an untested site would stop you from accessing and using a website. Perhaps it's the Safe Web Extension for Firefox that is the issue. I will try and get an answer from Safe Web.

Have all of you received the new Norton update to version 22.17.0.183? Does this update improve anything? Does Windows update fix anything having to do with this?

I can ask the Safe Web Team to evaluate the bank and you can see if a Green OK would fix your issue. Then we could see if it's the grey ? or any Safe Web Annotation that does something to Firefox and TDAmeritrade.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Edit: Do you all have the new Firefox Safe Web Extension?    

Version

Last updated

2 days ago (Mar 11, 2019)

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 270 I E 11 Chrome latest one
Kudos0

It brings up the login screen, you enter your user name and Password.  The screen goes blank and begins to load till it gets to this point. "https://invest.ameritrade.com/grid/p/site." Web screen remains blank.,

Unlike before, instead of the untested, it, now, shows a green check mark & safe but still won't load with Safe Web activated.

W/o Safe Web it goes blank for a split second showing the address above and then goes here:

"https://invest.ameritrade.com/grid/p/site#r=home"

which is your personal home page...

If you turn Safe Web on at this point, and reload the page it stops at the first address and freezes (blank page....)

So, there's something going on between you and the brokerages and it almost sounds like you're blaming each other...

Kudos0

If you are seeing this while using the Firefox browser, try using another browser with the Safe Web extension installed. ie Chrome or Edge. That way we can diagnose whether it is just the Safe Web extension for FF, or all versions.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hi strnj1

We are unable to reproduce the untested rating for 'invest.ameritrade.com'.

Cops

Kudos0

Even I saw this issue happening on Firefox browser with https://invest.ameritrade.com/grid/p/site#r=home

Kudos0

I'm having the same problem. Firefox is up to date: 65.0.2 (64-bit). I have norton set to auto update so I assume it's up to date. It's 22.16.4.15 and reports that it's up to date.

Just started 2-3 days ago.

Can Norton open a ticket and work on this? And let us know it's being worked?

The home screen that you get with google is fine. You enter your login data and try to load, and the page doesn't load. It has literally nothing where the page should be. The address is in the URL bar, but the page is completely blank white.

https://invest.ameritrade.com/grid/p/login

Turning off Web Safe blocking for the page doesn't fit it. Turning off Web Safe as an extension does fix it.

Kudos0

"" If you are seeing this while using the Firefox browser, try using another browser with the Safe Web extension installed. ie Chrome or Edge. That way we can diagnose whether it is just the Safe Web extension for FF, or all versions. ""

Works fine in MS Edge with Web Safe on. Ranks site as green ok. And no problem with login in page.

Kudos0

""
We are unable to reproduce the untested rating for 'invest.ameritrade.com'. ""

Problem page shows up in web safe as green ok. But it doesn't load. (See my other notes for details.)

Kudos2 Stats

Sorry for the issue you all are facing. (With respect to https://invest.ameritrade.com/grid/p/login not loading with Firefox Safe Web extension enabled)

We are currently analyzing the issue, will update the thread once we have more updates.

Kudos1 Stats

Please look into the problem I reported earlier about logging into Schwab.com: https://community.norton.com/en/forums/norton-safe-web-bug-2. If I disable the current Firefox extension or re-install the previous version, I can log in. Otherwise, I cannot. Thanks!

Kudos0

Hello

When I looked on the Mozilla site last night, some one was reporting an issue with another bank. This seems like it is a problem when accessing different Banks. Do any of you use another Bank so we can see if it is affecting one particular category of sites?

Any one using a operating system other than Windows 10? Please report your operating system if other than 10.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

EDIT: Do these Banks require any other security product?

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 270 I E 11 Chrome latest one
Kudos0

Hello All

Are you all using the new Norton update?  22.17.0.183? 

Are you using the new Safe Web Extension for Firefox?

Version

Last updated

4 days ago (Mar 11, 2019)

Please post back with Norton version and Firefox Extension for Norton Safe Web.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Kudos1 Stats

Everything's up to date and, now, like above,

https://invest.ameritrade.com/grid/p/login (link is external)

is the new point it freezes after the updates. Still blank page after login...

I've even opened a ticket with Firefox so they can either fix it or join the finger pointing party...

Kudos0

Suntrust and Virginia Credit Union work fine.

American Funds / Mass Mutual works.

...and I can download from all my accounts to Quicken with no problem

Kudos0

Using:

Firefox is up to date:
65.0.2 (64-bit).

Norton Safe Web set to auto update.
Norton Safe Web says 3.6.0.10 on extensions page last updated March 12, 2019

Norton say 22.16.4.15.
I don't see how to check for updates. I think I have it set to auto update, but I won't swear to it.
So you'll have to tell me how to set to auto update and to force an update check.
I just hit liveupdate that ran a bunch of updates and it still the same release number.

On Windows10

Norton gotten through Comcast's offering

Kudos0

My only issue so far is with Schwab.com. I can log into my bank account without any issue.

Norton Security Version: 22.17.0.183

Safe Web Extension for Firefox: 3.6.0.10 (version 3.4.0.4 works fine)

Firefox Version: 65.0.2 (64-bit)

Kudos4 Stats

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue.

The TDAmeritrade issue should be resolved in the latest version of Norton Safe Web for Firefox (version 3.7.0.6).

Kudos0

Yes, it's working for me now with 3.7.0.6  Safe Web version on Firefox.

Thanks!!

Kudos0

Yes! The latest version of Safe Web (3.7.0.6) has resolved the Firefox/TD Ameritrade problem for me.

Thanks!

Kudos0

...same here.

Kudos0

Hello Cops, viveksu, and Torrey Umland

Thank you for getting the new Firefox Extension out so quickly and for getting the new Extension approved by Firefox so quickly. I'm sure all of these users should be glad now.

Hello customers

If you don't have the latest Extension, please go to the Firefox site.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/norton-safe-web/

Have a Good Night and

Thanks