• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Windows 10 is not accepting passwords via Norton

Used Windows 7 with Norton Password Manager for years. New computer has Windows 10.  I installed Norton on this machine and now none of my IDs (including my only email) or Passwords are being accepted onto the sites I've used for years.  This was an adjustment just learning the basics of "windows" again but now I'm lost and need to get work done !!  HELP PLEASE !!!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Windows 10 is not accepting passwords via Norton

Hello

Please give these faqs a try.  https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v127051054_EndUserProfile_en_us Also, please disable Fast Startup in Power Management. After doing this, please restart your computer.

Since it's a new computer, please make sure that there are no security trial versions installed.If there is one, please remove it using the removal tool from the other company and then restart.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

I had to break down and get on line with an agent from Norton because nothing seemed to work.  Apparently Windows Edge was conflicting with the Norton Password Manager. As he was changing the settings I asked if I HAD to use Edge (since I wasn't familiar with it) and he said I could use whichever I wanted.  I had him load up Chrome and reinstall the program and everything has been working great.  Phew ... No stress and simple fix in less than 10 minutes.  

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Hello rdginto

Glad to hear you  got your issue fixed. Since you solved your issue, please mark your post as the Solution. You can do this by clicking on Mark As Solution located on the bottom of your post. By doing this, everyone will know that your thread is solved and will know what the solution is. Thanks also for coming back and letting us know your results.

Could you also please leave some Feedback about the Forum for the Admins? You can do this by clicking on the black and gold rectangle located on the upper right side of the page. It looks like this.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.