• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Scan is not working

I have just renewed my subcsribtion for Norton Security. Re-installation worked fine, things look good... but one small issue: scan does not work. No matter if it is quick scan or custom scan, whenever I hit the "scan" button nothing happens. Similar thing with "auto-protect" and "sonar" - both are disabled and I can't enable them. Moreover, the icon of Norton is marked with red "x" showing that Norton is not working. I've cheked windows options (win10) - Norton is set as the security provider, it is not locked or anything like this. It just does not work. Now, I don't know whether other issues work or not, at this point I'm focused on most basic functions.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Scan is not working

Have you run LiveUpdate manually a few times, restarting as necessary, until no updates are available?

Also if you have Windows  Fast Startup feature enabled, you may not be getting a full system shutdown required to fully update software updates like Norton's.   If you use Windows 8/8.1 or 10, there can be an issue with the Windows Fast Startup feature.. See more information here.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Open Norton and run "Get Support" from the Help menu.

Kudos0

failsafe:

I have just renewed my subcsribtion for Norton Security. Re-installation worked fine

Hi failsafe,

I'm a bit confused. If this was a subscription "renewal", why did you have to reinstall Norton?

Also, did you remember to remove Norton prior to reinstalling it?

Semper ubi sub ubi

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.