• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

IOS blocking and reporting objectionable sites, but reporting nothing else.

IPhone blocks appropriately, but from parent site the attempts to visit blocked sites show up as the only activity.  I recently reinstalled the profile; maybe I did it wrong.  Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: IOS blocking and reporting objectionable sites, but reporting nothing else.

Hi Hepworth,

To understand your issue better, it appears that you are able to see only the blocked sites in Activity page of Norton Family portal. Are you able to see allowed websites also in the activity page? 

For example, if you view a video in https://www.youtube.com/ using the Norton Family browser it would get listed in the Norton Family portal after few minutes as a video activity.

Reinstalling the profile should not create any problems in reporting activities.

Regards,

Norton Family Team!

Kudos0

You describe it correctly. The activity page shows none of the allowed websites - only the blocked ones. It shows no search or video results.
Kudos0

Hi Hepworth,

Norton Family browser which is in-built in the app has to be used for search and video activities to be reported in the portal or parent app. Same is the case for allowed websites visited.

For example, if you view a video in https://www.youtube.com using the Norton Family browser it would get listed in the Norton Family portal/Parent Apps after few minutes as a video activity.

Regards,

Norton Family Team!

Kudos0

It had been working with Chrome. I guess that stopped. Thank you for looking into this.
Kudos0

Hepworth, You may also want to check on web activity page. There is a little box that can be checked that says “show questionable activity only”. You may want to check this and make sure that it is not checked.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.