• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Subscription status on mobile slightly out of sync?

Hi,

My desktop PC states that I have 328 days subscription remaining on Norton, but my mobile is slightly out of sync showing 333 days.The mobile is a new Samsung J4+ running Android.

Please can someone tell me how I can get the 2 back in sync? I had this same problem the other week, & turning it off & on again seemed to help, but the last few days it appears to have stalled again. Other than this, Norton is running smoothly.

Thanks for your time.

Ian.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Subscription status on mobile slightly out of sync?

On the PC, open Norton and click on Help - Subscription Status. That will ensure your PC's subscription information is in sync with your Norton Account. 

On the mobile device, do you have an active internet connection? Cell Data or wifi?

Do you turn the device off when not using it? Not just allowing it to sleep.

What Android version are you using on the mobile device? What version of NMS are you using?

Does turning the device on and off still fix the issue?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Hi Peter,

I have followed your sync instructions with regards to the PC and it is showing the correct subscription status of 328 days remaining.

My mobile is connected to my home Wi-Fi, (has been continuously for about 3 weeks) and because I am on a pay as you go tariff, I temporarily switched off mobile data.

Since owning the phone (also about 3 weeks), I have only allowed it to sleep when not in use, & have only switched it off & on  briefly 2 times, for about 3 minutes each time.

Android is version 8.1, and NMS is version 4.5 

I was having a play around earlier, prior to reading your reply & tapped on the renew button on NMS, and the phone appears to have now synced and shows 328 days left too! That was without turning the device on & off, so I guess that all I can do is monitor it over the next few days to see if it is okay now, unless you can see any obvious fault.

Thanks for taking the time out to help.

Ian.

Kudos0

Just to confirm. You have signed into your Norton Account on the mobile device? When you tap on the three bars at the top left of the NMS screen, does your email show up on the screen?

Kudos0

Hi Peter,

I have tapped on the three bars in NMS, and yes, my email address does show up on the screen.

Thanks again.

Ian.

Kudos0

Keep an eye on it for a while and let us know if it acts up again.

Kudos0

I will do, and thanks again.

Ian

Kudos0

You are welcome.

Kudos0

Hi Peter,

I have been using the phone the last couple of days, but the subscription status has remained stuck on 328 days remaining? Whereas the PC now shows the correct amount of 325 days.

I thought I would try turning my router off briefly last night & back on again, but this had no effect, so I then tried turning mobile data back on to see if that made a difference, but again no change. 

So currently, it looks like the only way to temporarily get the correct subscription status is to fully turn the mobile off & back on again, or tap on the green renew button.

Many thanks.

Kudos0

Give me a couple of days to check on my Samsung Tab A on Android 8.1.1 and NMS 4.5.

Never mind. I just checked 2 mobile devices and my PC. I have 3 different values for days remaining. 

I'll pass this on to my Norton contacts.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Kudos0

Are you seeing the incorrect information on the last pillar in NMS ( the right hand icon at the bottom of the screen), or are you seeing this when you click on the three bars at the top left of the main NMS screen. 

I just noticed the two locations seem to show different values for days remaining. The one for the  last pillar seems to freeze, while the other does seem to update.

Kudos0

Hi Peter,

Both locations show the same value.

Up until yesterday mine was still stuck on 328 days, but sync to 319 days after automatically restarting following an update to the phones software. Having said that, it appears to have frozen again, because my PC shows 318 days.

Would it be worth uninstalling & reinstalling Norton, or should I wait a little longer to see if your contacts pick up on anything?

Ian.

Kudos0

After a restart, the device seems to sync correctly for me. In both locations. But after a few days, one seems to update while the other does not.

Please watch for a few days to see if you see the same.

Kudos0

Okay Peter, I will do.

Ian.

Kudos0

My Norton contact has been able to duplicate what I am seeing and has passed this on to the appropriate team.

Kudos0

Hi Peter,

I just wondered if there were any update?

My device is still stuck on 319 days remaining, whereas my desktop PC is showing 308 now.

Many thanks.

Ian.

Kudos0

The only update I have so far is that my contact has verified that the days remaining does not get updated on the last pillar (right most icon at bottom of screen) of the NMS app. If you click on the three bars at the top left of the screen, you should see the correct number of days displayed.

My contact has notified the appropriate team.

EDIT

Have you checked for the latest version just released? ver 4.5.0.4367.  I just checked my tablet and it shows the same value in both places now.

Kudos0

Since posting and seeing your edited reply, I too have received update 4.5.0.4367. Both of the values on this device are showing the same amount of days remaining, being 307, which is also currently in sync with my desktop PC.

I will monitor this over the next few days, and let you know how it goes.

Ian.

Kudos0

Does your device now still show the correct number of days remaining? What I have found is that both values showing in the app are the same. But I also noted that the number of days remaining does not change until I restart the device.

Is this what you are seeing now?

Kudos0

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The days subscription remaining on my device stuck at 307 following update 4.5.0.4367. As a result, I decided to uninstall & reinstall NMS to see if this would solve it. Following the reinstallation, the days remaining changed to 306, again in line with what my desktop PC shows, however, it appears to have stuck again, because it is still on 306, whereas 24 hours later, my desktop PC shows 305.

Both values on the device show the same, but I have not tried a restart yet. 

Kudos0

I have reported this new development to my contacts. Another waiting game.

Kudos0

Hi Peter,

I just looked at my device & for some reason both values have changed from 306 days remaining to 300? (My desktop PC is currently showing 301).

I am not quite sure why, because I have not restarted the device for any reason, or been alerted to any software updates that require a restart?

I will keep you informed, but just thought it important to let you know of this recent change.