• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

Norton password manager extensions in firefox

Just installed and reinstalled Norton 360 deluxe and still got the same problem with password manager extension in Firefox. when you look at the extension in Firefox it shows it as being installed but when u check the extension in Norton it says to install. This has occurred several times now. Anybody with the same problem ?

Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, X64 Processor, Retired (Not Expired) Navy, DPC (Programmer/Analyst 1998)...27 Years...And Vietnam Error Vet

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton password manager extensions in firefox

The browser extensions are no longer linked to  the Norton Security product interfaces. They are totally separate entities. The only connection between the two is the shared cloud vault.

When you get the message from Norton 360, what browser is shown as the default? Even if it shows Firefox, try clicking on that and change it to Chrome, and then change it back to Firefox.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

check out the images I uploaded and you will see what I am referencing..

Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, X64 Processor, Retired (Not Expired) Navy, DPC (Programmer/Analyst 1998)...27 Years...And Vietnam Error Vet
Accepted Solution
Kudos0

I did check out your images. BTW Instructions to post screenshots can be found here
https://community.norton.com/forums/how-post-image-forums-0

How did you get to this image? You mentioned your Norton 360 product. Did you get this from the Online Safety pillar, and then clicking on Browser extensions? If so, is Firefox listed as the default browser in the Online Safety Pillar. If not, try what I suggested above to change the default browser back and forth. If that does not help, it could be an ongoing issue that started when the browser extensions became separate entities, with no connection to the Norton Security products. 

Kudos0

FWIW ~ on machine sans resident Norton Security solution, just now.  

and after Disable Enable cycle + add Norton Extensions page refresh 

https://identitysafe.norton.com/client?server=1 

YMMV

Maybe, browser restart after extension is added would do the same
Firefox is not my daily rider. 

Kudos0

Edit: test to see if browser restart after extension is added would do the same. 
> extension added + before browser restart
> and after Firefox restart

YMMV

Kudos0

Hello Peter

Has Norton 360 Deluxe come out of Beta? I saw prices for it in Google. I haven't seen very many posts about this product and similar ones. The ones I did see,they all said they were in Beta. If they are still in Beta, that could account for having issues with the Password Manager possibly? Am I out of date now about this topic. I'm missing out on the new things now without advance notice of things when they are first announced..

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hi floplot

Yes the 360 products are now (Admin edit on request) out of beta. See Gayathri's update to the original announcement.   https://community.norton.com/en/blogs/product-update-announcements/have-you-seen-new-offerings-nortoncom-it%E2%80%99s-beta-test

Kudos0

Hello Peter

I did miss that additional announcement. Thank you for the update. So the Beta test has ended and the programs are available to all US customers. That just happened within the last week.

Happy Holidays

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.                                                            

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

floplot:

Hello Peter

Has Norton 360 Deluxe come out of Beta? I saw prices for it in Google. I haven't seen very many posts about this product and similar ones. The ones I did see,they all said they were in Beta. If they are still in Beta, that could account for having issues with the Password Manager possibly? Am I out of date now about this topic. I'm missing out on the new things now without advance notice of things when they are first announced..

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Hi Flo,

Except for IE, the browser extensions are no longer tied to the installed Norton Security program.  In fact I have the SafeWeb and Password Manager installed in Firefox on this machine running Linux.

Cheers.

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Thanks Pete for the suggestion, However; Changing the default browser made no difference because for some reason the issues no longer exist and that my friend is strange..  when I clicked on Browser Extensions in Norton.. Volla.. (No Issue Existed)...I will chalk it up to the Norton God's....lol...You ask how did i get the image.. screen print simple. Thanks also for the tip about uploading images never paid that any attention...

My Motto has always been if it ain't broke don't fix it...

Kudos0

Maybe a system restart cleared things up. 

Kudos0

Never did a restart either...oh well... Thanks again...