• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

New Norton 360 with VPN

Where can I download the newest Norton 360?

Labels: Installation

Replies

Kudos0

Re: New Norton 360 with VPN

Edited by me. Here is the correct link: https://us.norton.com/products?inid=nortoncom_nav_deals_promo:plans

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1809 / build 17763.529 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.1.50 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 1.98
Kudos0

Thank you for the info. I already have Norton Security. I don't want to get another subscription, I just want to uninstall Norton Security and try the new Norton 360.

Kudos1 Stats

There is no trial version of the new 360 product. Functionally it is the same as your Norton Security. The main difference is some integration with a LifeLock account, if you want that service, and the Norton Secure VPN is integrated into the 360 product.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Thanks Peter, I didn't have the chance to get back to the thread.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1809 / build 17763.529 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.1.50 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 1.98
Kudos0

Kudos0

peterweb:

There is no trial version of the new 360 product.

Too bad! New marketing strategy?

peterweb:

Functionally it is the same as your Norton Security.

Will Norton force its Norton Security users to migrate their subscription to Norton 360 in the future?

Kudos1 Stats

Too bad! New marketing strategy?

Not necessarily. The 360 product line was just recently released and it has been noted to be a beta test. See this announcement. We have seen nothing to indicate that this product is no longer in beta. When it is a main line product, there will probably be trial versions.

Will Norton force its Norton Security users to migrate their subscription to Norton 360 in the future?

Only Norton can tell us that. The older Norton Internet Security and the older Norton 360 line were 'retired' a couple of years ago in favour of the newer Norton Security product line. So far, users are still able to renew those products, but you can no longer purchase new copies of them. The NS to the new 360 products will likely go the same way.

Kudos0

I'm concerned that if I install 360--beta or not--I can only cover a max of 5 devices instead of the 10 I get with NS Premium, 

Kudos0

I'm concerned that if I install 360--beta or not--I can only cover a max of 5 devices instead of the 10 I get with NS Premium, 

This has been brought up to our Norton contacts. It is early yet. Marketing may add another level of subscription.

Kudos0

Thanks, Peter. I that case I'll stick with the Norton I have. There's still 319 days left on my subscription. 

Kudos0

For Norton Security users interested in the new Norton 360, I received an email from Norton a few days ago offering to switch me from Norton Security to Norton 360 for free.  The link in the email takes me to page where I'm given the choices to switch to Norton 360 Deluxe or Norton 360 with LifeLock Select for free or $7.32, respectively. 

Kudos0

A follow up to my previous post about 360 being a beta product.

360 has now been released to all US customers. See the updated announcement post here

Kudos0

Good Evening All,

I also have received an offer to upgrade to the 360 product at no charge for the remainder of my current subscription. I would assume that a new pricing plan would kick in at that time but there is no mention of what the new pricing would be. I have seen different pricing on various pages so I am not sure which would apply to me. Since I have Norton on both my PC and phone I am guessing I would need the 360 Deluxe, but again, there is no real guidence that I can find. Hopefully someone in the forum can help.

Dave

Kudos0

Kudos0

Since the beta testing period is over, the free upgrade to 360 Deluxe is over as well. I'll stick with NIS Premium until my subscription expires next year and see what the offers and pricing are then. 

Kudos0

Since the beta testing period is over, the free upgrade to 360 Deluxe is over as well.

Where did you see this information? Users are still reporting getting email from Norton marketing offering the free upgrade.

Norton usually allows the free upgrade to the latest products. Just contact Support and ask for the upgrade.    www.norton.com/contactcs

Kudos0

Thanks. I got that offer a couple of weeks ago and closed the box.. I couldn't find it again, checked support and didn't see the offer for existing customers. I will check Support on your advice. 

Kudos0

I am wondering if the upgrade to 360 deluxe is any advantage over the NIS I have been using for years? The pricing for the annual subscription is only $10.00 for me but I am wondering about the upgrade for my desktop and phone. Have there been any major problems in the upgrade from NIS to 360?