• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Mobile app control

How can I setup family control the way, that some apps are not 'touched' by the time family rules? There are a few apps, which should always be allowed and usable. If this is not yet existing, does anyone know, if it is on the roadmap? Second very important question is, if I can set time slots, where the phone can be used, without adding time to the calculated phone usage time? That is needed during school times as nowadays the phones are more often used as a needed appliance in school. are regularly used at school.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Mobile app control

Hi @KidsSafety,

Thank you very much for your inputs. Is your child an iOS user or an Android user?

1. I understand your first ask that, as a parent you want option to allow the child to use certain apps even when the time limit is up. So, the device should not be completely locked out during time curfews.

2. Your second ask is also related, but a bit different. As a parent you want the family control system to NOT add time usage if the child is using a specific app during allowed hours.

On 1, We have taken note. We do have a feature in our roadmap which will let parents set time limit at for each app. We understand this is not exactly what you're looking for. But we think once we have "app level time limit" feature, you'll have more control on app level usage.

On 2, We will review this internally and with more users. Many parents want straight way of calculating time usage and may object if we don't include all usage.

- Santosh

Kudos0

Hi @SantoshBarnwal , Thank you for your response. On 1: My daughter is using an Android device. And the app level time limit would be great and definitly make our daily routine easier. On 2: I could imagine, that if you would add a 3rd type of time slot marking to the house rules definition, then you would have a great solution for all different needs. I mean, that you could set bed times, where you can't use the device, you could set 'available without time calculation' or you call it e.g. 'school usage' and then you have the time slot with access, where the defined time constraint of e.g. 1h is valid.
Kudos0

Hello @KidsSafety,

Thank you for your inputs. We will review it internally. Please keep sharing your experience and suggestions.

May I request you one more thing? This forum is for parents to help one another in on-boarding and using Norton Family. We need more participants who can contribute and help new users. Whenever you get time, and if you see a query which is easy for you to answer, please volunteer by replying to such queries at least once a week. This will be great help for the community!

Thank you again!

- Santosh

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.