• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Family block launchers for Minecraft and Fortnite

Some time ago, I started having issues with the "Epic Launcher" for the game Fortnite.  If Norton Family is running, the launcher just hangs with a blank screen as soon as you start it.  If I disable Norton Family for just 1 minute, the launcher works and the game will run as long as we want.  If we exit the game and try to restart, it will hang again if Norton Family is enabled.

Just recently, the exact same thing started happening with Minecraft.  The launcher hangs forever on a blank screen as soon as it starts up.  If I disable Norton Family temporarily, the launcher starts and the game will run for as long as we wish (regardless of whether or not Norton Family is enabled).  This seemed to coincide with the 1.14 update of Minecraft.

Norton Family is not telling me that is it blocking anything when this is happening.  How can I get it to white list whatever service it is trying to start?  I have a suspicion that it may have something to do with some sort of anti-cheating resident service that the launchers start before they start the game itself.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Family block launchers for Minecraft and Fortnite

Hi rknize,

Welcome to Norton Family Forum.

We would like to take remote access of your machine to investigate this issue further.
Have sent you a private message for the same.
Kindly reply your convenient time for the remote session through our private message.

Best regards,
Norton Family team.