• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos1 Stats

An intrusion attempt by techsuperb.biz was blocked: Domain Request 22

Everything I do on chrome, I get a notification from Norton Security LifeLock(?) saying that Norton blocked an attack by: Malicious Site: Malicious Domain Request 22. When I hit view details it gives me this: 

Category: Intrusion Prevention
Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action,IPS Alert Name,Default Action,Action Taken,Attacking Computer,Destination Address,Source Address,Traffic Description
18/06/2019 12:06:27 PM,Medium,An intrusion attempt by techsuperb.biz was blocked.,Blocked,No Action Required,Malicious Site: Malicious Domain Request 22,No Action Required,No Action Required,"techsuperb.biz (172.241.69.28, 443)","DESKTOP-L8ARF6V (192.168.1.17, 59008)",techsuperb.biz (172.241.69.28),"TCP, https"
Network traffic from <b>techsuperb.biz</b> matches the signature of a known attack.  The attack was resulted from \DEVICE\HARDDISKVOLUME2\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\GOOGLE\CHROME\APPLICATION\CHROME.EXE.  To stop being notified for this type of traffic, in the <b>Actions</b> panel, click <b>Stop Notifying Me</b>. 

I've done a full scan with Norton, and it said no threats found.

This is the export of the full system scan:

Scan Statistics:
  Scan Start:
   Local: 18/06/2019 10:28 AM
   UTC: 18/06/2019 12:28 AM
  Scan Time: 3,863 seconds
  Scan Targets: Entire computer
  Counts:
   Total items scanned: 1,781,909
   - Files & Directories: 1,777,727
   - Registry Entries: 749
   - Processes & Startup Items: 2,704
   - Network & Browser Items: 623
   - Other: 4
   - Trusted Files: 71,575
   - Skipped Files: 33,402

Total security risks detected: 0
   Total items resolved: 0
   Total items that require attention: 0

Resolved Threats:
No risks have been resolved

Unresolved Threats:
No unresolved risks

I also tried with MalwareBytes and that found nothing. I deleted all the extensions I thought were shady, turned off syncing with google chrome, and nothing. It keeps telling me that it's blocking an attack and I'm concerned that I'm doing something wrong. If anyone has any advice, I'd really appreciate it. (I'm not very knowledgable about these things, so please go easy on the jargon if possible).

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum section, I couldn't think of another place to put it from my exploration of the forums

Replies

Kudos0

Re: An intrusion attempt by techsuperb.biz was blocked: Domain Request 22

Hello turpentine. Please follow ONLY STEP #1 in the suggestions in this article. You do not need to post anything to their forums. Just run Malwarebytes again, and have it check your system. MAKE SURE you are logged into the system under admin credentials. The first part of the article assists in preventing Chrome from synching across all the devices you use Chrome on and thus spreading whatever is causing your issue. Please let us know how things go.

Edited: Clearing your cache in Chrome will also help remove persistent cookies and other saved files that may be repopulating the issue.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.239 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.3.50 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos0

Hi SoulAsylum,

I actually found that article earlier. Following its instructions didn't seem to work, because when I stopped the sync and closed the browser, neither Norton nor Malwarebytes would detect the issue. I cleared my cache and cookies when I did this as well. However, I uninstalled Google Chrome a few minutes ago and reinstalled it fresh and I get nothing coming up suggesting there is a problem. I made Malwarebytes do another scan before I logged into it, and it found nothing, and I am so far receiving no alerts as I did before. I also downloaded firefox to double check it was just an issue with chrome and while I was having the issue with chrome, it did not affect firefox. I've run both Norton and Malwarebytes scans and they come up clean, but then again, they came up clean while I was having the alerts.

Am I likely in the clear now? Or should I still be concerned that there may be something still there?

Kudos0

6/18/2019 9:38:55 AM,Medium,An intrusion attempt by techsuperb.biz was blocked.,Blocked,No Action Required,Malicious Site: Malicious Domain Request 21,No Action Required,No Action Required,"techsuperb.biz (23.111.228.4, 80)",techsuperb.biz/,"192.168.1.2, 60453",techsuperb.biz (23.111.228.4),"TCP, www-http",
Kudos0

Norton detected the browser issue and prevented anything from happening to your system. What you were seeing was a browser redirect, most likely an embedded script within a website you are visiting. Try incognito mode in Chrome and see if this happens again. I would think you are clean since neither Norton or Malwarebytes detected anything during their scans. Glad we could assist you. Let us know if we can assist further.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.239 / N360 Deluxe 22.17.3.50 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos0

I tried incognito mode in Chrome and visited all the normal sites I'd been using; no alerts from Norton like I saw before. I think things must be okay now, yeah. Thank you for your assistance!! I appreciate it. I'm figuring it might have come from some rubbish site my university linked to in a blog post, because that's the only thing different I've visited lately haha.

Cheers!

Kudos0

Glad we could help!!

Cheers

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.