• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

New version but not new functions yet

Hello Guys,

I have a question also about the script control and safecam, I´m using an english version, i have updated to the last versioin 22.18.0.213, i don´t have the new functions, should i wait more than 2 days? It will be available for me since i have the english language in product? Or it has something to be with availability in my country?

Kind Regards,

Labels: LiveUpdate

Replies

Kudos0

Re: New version but not new functions yet

I'm using Polish version of NS 22.18.0.213 and I can't see new feautures either. 

Kudos0

Yeah that´s strange i guess, lets hope someone tell us what to do or expect  

Kudos0

FilipeReis:

I have a question also about the script control and safecam, I´m using an english version, i have updated to the last versioin 22.18.0.213, i don´t have the new functions, should i wait more than 2 days? It will be available for me since i have the english language in product? Or it has something to be with availability in my country?

RE: Script Control

NOTE: This feature is throttled, and will not be immediately available after 22.18 upgrade. This feature will be selectively exposed to users. 

https://community.norton.com/en/blogs/product-update-announcements/norton-security-22180213-windows-now-available.

I do have Script Control with my Norton EAP v22.18.0.213 <info here> ~ FAQ: Norton Script Control <info here>
RE: SafeCam

SafeCam will be shown under Security pillar where the entitlement has SafeCam enabled (i.e. all New Norton subscriptions except for NAV Plus)

https://community.norton.com/en/blogs/product-update-announcements/norton-security-22180213-windows-now-available

Maybe, Safe Cam is also throttled -.selectively exposed to users.  Or, maybe only where the entitlement has SafeCam enabled (i.e. all New Norton subscriptions except for NAV Plus).  I do not have SafeCam (as far as I know) with my Norton EAP v22.18.0.213.  Admitting, "where the entitlement" is head scratch.    Maybe, I'm not as yet an "entitled" user.  

Kudos0

I'm using NS 22.18.0.213 EN-US language on 2 Win 7 x64 machines, I have no Script Control, no Safecam and also NO Data Protector??

Is also Data Protector.a throttled feature because I think it was released with NS 22.17.2 version or is it only addressed to Win 10 users?  I think it's unlikely that on both my Win 7 systems the update went wrong and there is no Data Protector feature.

Thanks for any feedback.

Cheers,

Kudos1 Stats

Apostolos:

I'm using NS 22.18.0.213 EN-US language on 2 Win 7 x64 machines, I have no Script Control, no Safecam and also NO Data Protector??

Is also Data Protector.a throttled feature because I think it was released with NS 22.17.2 version or is it only addressed to Win 10 users?  I think it's unlikely that on both my Win 7 systems the update went wrong and there is no Data Protector feature.

FWIW ~ I reinstall'd Norton 22.18 and Norton (not EAP) did not have Data Protector.   

I did not have Data Protector with my Traditional update channel 22.18.0.213.  And I didn't find Data Protector information with 22.18.0.213 Update Announcement <here>.
Why pic with Data Protector was published....is head scratch.  

Norton (not EAP) had Automatic Protection | Scans and Risks | Updates

Kudos0

'' Norton (not EAP) had Automatic Protection | Scans and Risks | Updates ''

Hi bjm,

Yep, same here, only: Automatic Protection | Scans and Risks | Updates

Strange...

Cheers,

Kudos1 Stats

Hi Apostolos,

PM sent. 

Kudos0

Symantec makes the transition to N360 and forces you to transition. I'm against. Free upgrade - not a solution (waste of time on the transition and then I turn on bitdefender, because LifeLock - nonsense!).

SafeCam: absent

Script Control: absent

Ransomware Protection (folders control): absent

Cloud Scan Solution: ?

Maybe, Safe Cam is also throttled -.selectively exposed to users.  

:D Yes, of course, 3 new functions and ....and "evaporated". Take the trouble and read the advertisement on the site: SafeCam officially only for n360. naivety or bjm deliberately misleads people

The NEW Norton 360 plans are designed to bring you multiple layers of protection you need against existing and emerging cyberthreats. For most customers, a NEW Norton 360 plan comparable to your current subscription will include additional features such as:

• Secure VPN - to secure your public Wi-Fi connections
  • Dark Web Monitoring powered by LifeLock§ 
  • SafeCam to help block PC webcam takeovers
  • Cloud Backup and/or more storage space‡‡,
Kudos0

black_z:

Maybe, Safe Cam is also throttled -.selectively exposed to users.  

:D Yes, of course, 3 new functions and ....and "evaporated". Take the trouble and read the advertisement on the site: SafeCam officially only for n360. naivety or bjm deliberately misleads people.

The NEW Norton 360 plans are designed to bring you multiple layers of protection you need against existing and emerging cyberthreats. For most customers, a NEW Norton 360 plan comparable to your current subscription will include additional features such as:

• Secure VPN - to secure your public Wi-Fi connections
  • Dark Web Monitoring powered by LifeLock§ 
  • SafeCam to help block PC webcam takeovers
  • Cloud Backup and/or more storage space‡‡,

I'm reading: Product Update Announcements - Norton Security 22.18.0.213 for Windows is now available!

https://community.norton.com/en/blogs/product-update-announcements/norton-security-22180213-windows-now-available  

I do take your point re NEW Norton 360.  Maybe, my reading has been wishful thinking. 

SafeCam officially only for n360. naivety or bjm deliberately misleads people.

....was not my intention to mislead users. 

I'm reading [ Data Protector ] [ Script Control ] with Product Update Announcements - Norton Security 22.18.0.213 for Windows is now available! 

I'm reading [ SafeCam ] with Product Update Announcements - Norton Security 22.18.0.213 for Windows is now available! 

Take the trouble and read the advertisement on the site: SafeCam officially only for n360. naivety or bjm deliberately misleads people.

Okay.  SafeCam is only for NEW Norton 360. 
https://community.norton.com/en/comment/8182721#comment-8182721

Thanks 

I'm wondering whether Norton 360 points to Legacy Norton 360 or NEW Norton 360.   Just me.  

Kudos0

I'm reading: Product Update Announcements - Norton Security 22.18.0.213 for Windows is now available!

"Update" - it's not just new features, these fixes too (For NS, N360, NIS...). But all new functions only for the new N360. The best way to check - to ask those who use a new product.

Kudos2 Stats

Hope below clarifies: 

1. Addition of SafeCam added to the security section of the Main UI:

• SafeCam will be shown under Security pillar where the entitlement has SafeCam enabled (i.e. all New Norton subscriptions except for NAV Plus)

Norton Safe Came available ONLY for all New Norton 360 subscription customers except Norton Antivirus Plus

Script Control : NOTE: This feature is throttled, and will not be immediately available after 22.18 upgrade. This feature will be selectively exposed to users.

Script Control feature is throttled, and will NOT be immediately available after 22.18 upgrade. This feature will be selectively exposed to users.

Cloud Scan Integration: (Silent Mode) "This means, no (UI) user interface or UX flows will be visible to the customers. Note: This feature is throttled.

Norton Data protector: Norton Data Protector feature in 22.17.2.46 still in throttled release.

Norton Message Center Alerts and Notifications: (English builds only) (Limited to US) . Customers will see the message center(envelope icon) icon only if messages are pushed from backend. Message center does not show up if there are no messages

@black_z, et al

Thanks

Kudos3 Stats

" "Update" - it's not just new features, these fixes too (For NS, N360, NIS...). But all new functions only for the new N360. The best way to check - to ask those who use a new product. ".

If these new functions are only for N360 then moderator should recontact Norton staff and rewrite the announcement because it's misleading. I have no Data Protector, Scipt Control or Safecam features on 2 machines running Norton Security Deluxe.

The announcement clearly states:

This update is available for the following Norton products:

• Norton Security
  • Norton Internet Security
  • Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus
  • Norton Security Online

https://community.norton.com/en/blogs/product-update-announcements/norto...

B/R,

Kudos0

Yes, for NS Safecam has not been declared, although safecam was in ns22.14 EAP. I should carefully to read the announcements.

Kudos0

bjm's post regarding the release announcement is spot on everyone. Please take the time to review it again when the opportunity is available. I am a NEW N360 user, ONLY have SafeCam in the pillar section of the UI. Yet!! Data Protector shows in the history menu, although that feature has not been "selectively" sent to my install. If one looks further at the announcement it also clearly states no feature icon or setting will be available to the user for Cloud Scan Integration due to it being "integrated" with "silent mode". Therefore is an under the hood feature without any means to verify whether its present / not present. Script Control is also not present on my installs as it is also conveyed as going to a "selective audience", and only a few users will see it. Just trying to put a pro-active insert into how some may have the impression that everyone will get everything and at the same time. Getting the update doesn't definitively mean, getting all the features being throttled to a selective audience.  

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Home / Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.295 / N360 Deluxe 22.18.0.213 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00