• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

VPN

I have a free upgrade to Norton 360 with VPN.  I mostly look at my email and maybe purchase a item now and then.  Why do I nee VPN.  If I up grade does it automatic load the VPN or do I have to install it.  I do not know anything about VPN.  Can you help.

Melvin

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: VPN

Hello Melvin. The VPN comes as an integral function within the new Norton product and will NOT automatically load with the system startup. You have to manually start although the services for it DO start with the system. Therefore you can use it at your leisure and keep it off when you don't think you'll need it. A VPN will mask your IP address so it makes it harder for websites and others to trace your movements around the web.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.449 / N360 Deluxe 22.19.8.65 / Norton Core v.288 on Android 2.21 / Opera GX

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.