• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

When using firefox the Spell check loads at the top of the page and is wholly on the page....

And when I use IE7 it always loads on the bottom of the page with only half of it showing on occasions,Does anyone else see this happening, I never seem to be able to get it loading where I don't have to adjust something.
Cheers Mo Windows 7 64 bit, NIS2013

Replies

Kudos0

Re: When using firefox the Spell check loads at the top of the page and is wholly on the page....

You mean like this:

I tought it's an error of IE8 :P, and never reported :D :D :D

Message Edited by PapauZ on 12-07-2008 01:59 AM
Windows 10 Hungarian, Norton Internet Security v22.9.0.71
Kudos0

Re: When using firefox the Spell check loads at the top of the page and is wholly on the page....

Hi mo,

Normally I'm using IE7, but I just logged on with FireFox.

With FF, the spell checker loads at the top left of the page, but it is the same size as in IE7.

Sorry I could not have been of more help.

Edit: Thanks PapauZ - looks like that in FireFox.

Message Edited by Phil_D on 12-06-2008 08:03 PM
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."   Edward R. Murrow
Kudos0

Thanks Phil/PapauZ

I'm finding Firefox is better for spell check than IE7,That's OK Phil I was just curious as why they load at different positions on the screen in different browsers?Yes the size is the same.Thanks.Do you find that they load half in the screen and half outside sometimes?

Kudos0

Hi mo,

In IE, my spell checker loads dead center horizontally and then aligns its bottom edge with the bottom gray edge of the reply box.  So whether it loads halfway is dependent upon the position of the reply box and the screen resolution.

On my 1024 x 768 monitor it may at times appear half off the screen, but on my 1680 x 1050 monitor it is always in full view.

I never noticed that until you brought it up, mo.  I always thought that when half off the screen, only 50% of my text needed spelling correction!

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."   Edward R. Murrow
Kudos0

Here is another tip for Firefox users:   Right click the edit window itself and choose "Spell check this field" which will invoke Firefox's built-in spell checker.  

Kudos0

LOL Phil,

Thanks for the screen size info mine is 1024 x 768.does anyone else have this screen size and notice this.

Allen as always you have a treasure trove of tips and tricks!!

Kudos0

Hi

Just downloaded the latest Firefox on my pc and the spell check always loads on the page no matter where the reply box is positioned,why does IE7 load half on half off??Is it programmed that way, Allen do you have a tip for IE7 users?

Kudos0

I've turned in the Spell check window placement pop-up issues.  I don't yet have a date for a fix.   If your using Firefox the best method is the Firefox spell check (right click the edit window and in FF3 pick 'Check Spelling' or in FF2 pick 'Spellcheck this feild'.

Edit:  I just re-read.    No I don't have similar tip for IE7.  The spell check window there actually appears where it's supposed to.   After the first of the year the editor is changing again, but I don't have a date.

Message Edited by Allen_K on 12-09-2008 07:52 PM
Kudos0

Hi Allen

Thanks for your replies,I was not hassling you for a time/date as I was just curious about the different loading positions of the spell check. They work OK,Its just with my IE7 you have to fiddle a little bit to centre the spell check pop up so you can read it.And as Phil pointed out it may be because of the screen size differences?

I can live with that.Thanks again.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.