• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

VPN keeps logging off

For the last several months VPN keeps asking me to log in again and it takes 2-3 times to get it done.  It will randomly (I think) sign me off.  When I re-enter credentials it will start up the revert back to signed out mode.  I re-enter creds and then it tells me wrong sign in or password.  Usually , the 3rd time works.  But it worries me that some one or thing is recording my keystrokes.

Anyone else have this issue?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: VPN keeps logging off

I get the same issue - works ok for days then suddenly (while VPN is in use or sometimes on startup) wants my Norton login and pwd again.  Really aggravating, especially since the rest of Norton is sitting there logged on the whole time.  Obviously not joined up.  There are other threads about this, no useful explanation or solution from Symantec.  (Windows 10)

Kudos0

I have this problem too with the VPN.

Furthermore, other websites suggest I get a VPN when downloading,. Check this out :

WARNING! Use a VPN While Downloading Torrents

Your leaked IP address xxxxxxxx reveals your location from My Town UNITED STATES. Your ISP spies on your torrents downloads to issue fines or start legal action against you. You must use a VPN, to make sure that your identity remains anonymous when downloading torrents, by hiding your IP address and encrypting your traffic. That means your ISP cannot monitor your activity anymore.

Kudos1 Stats

I have the VPN dropping out during the day while I am online and had this "fixed" last month.  Now it's happening again and my Norton Security is also logging me out.  I used live chat and was told its because of "inactivity"...which is nonsense.  She opened my VPN which was blank waiting for me to use my login credentials, which I did and she said there its all done...yes I contacted you because I don't know how to type my credentials in.  Thanks for the expert help.

Then the tech told me if it happens again to uninstall the VPN.   Sure, why don't I just get on the Norton payroll and fix the problems myself, it's not like I pay them every month...oh wait I do and my renewal for $180+ just went through.  Fix my problems with your software or I uninstall and go elsewhere.

Case # 40441423

Kudos2 Stats

I have the same problem shutting down... The rep just told me by phone that VPN does this automatically due to "inactivity"... That sucks!  They didn't bother to tell me when I signed up for this....

Kudos2 Stats

What they told you is not what I continue to experience:  I can be on the internet and the VPN signs me off randomly.  Bogus.

Kudos1 Stats

I've done all this stuff too. Uninstall/reinstall, get it all up and running then it drops out and the button, gear and enable icons do nothing! I've spent way too much on the chat line and this mode is just shouting at the wind!

Kudos1 Stats

I just signed up with Norton 360 Premium a few days ago and now I am beginning to regret it. Everything is good except the VPN. It is unreliable and drops out a number of times without my approval and knowledge. I have a third party VPN and it starts automatically and it has a “KILL SWITCH” to tell me that the line is dropped and request my permission to reconnect my VPN. My advice for everyone is to get a THIRD PARTY VPN. Some VPN providers have a 7 day free trial period.
Kudos0

I've used Norton's products for years but I am sooooo disappointed with the crappy performance of their VPN that I may look elsewhere.  Every other day I'm dropped and have to log in again.  And then half the time the log in isn't accepted and I have to type everything in again.  Between this and the incredible slowness (I end up actually disabling the VPN sometimes rather than wait two minutes for a page to load...).  I don't know what's going on, but this is NOT the level of service I expect from Nortons.  If your product isn't 100% then quit charging us 100%.