• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

Norton Security Deluxe - no LifeLock?

Hello!

Since couple of years I was using Norton Security Standard on my PC and I remember that after one of updates there was change in logo - from Norton by Symantec to Norton with Lifelock and some functionality was  added.

I just tried Deluxe version and afer all updates, there is no such change. 

Is there anything wrong? 

Thanks in advance.

Labels: Norton 360

Replies

Kudos0

Re: Norton Security Deluxe - no LifeLock?

The logo was changed in the older Norton Security product line to reflect the ownership change of LifeLock into the Norton family. There was no change to the feature set in Norton Security.

If you are looking to get the LifeLock features/services, you need to get the new Norton 360 product. And you have to live in the US if you want the LifeLock credit monitoring services. You can contact Norton Support if you wish to do this, and ask them for the free upgrade to the Norton 360 for the remainder of your current Norton Security subscriptions.    www.norton.com/contactcs

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

Thank you for reply,

So, if I understand correctly: even with all the updates and newest version of Norton Security (standard, premium or deluxe) there is no logo change? It's just staying with "old" design, right?

Kudos0

Logo with / without LifeLock

Kudos0

On my PC, it's look like this:

Kudos0

try run LiveUpdate + machine Restart (not Shut down) + Repeat

https://us.norton.com/products/norton-360-deluxe

Kudos0

Y_D Please verify your product version in your Norton user interface under "Help" then click "About". The version will be shown on the left. What is your OS version? 

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1909 / build 18363.535 / N360 Deluxe 22.19.9.63 / Norton Core v.288 on Android 2.22 / Opera GX
Kudos0

My OS is Windows 10 Pro x64 and Norton version is: 22.19.9.63

Kudos1 Stats

Is your Norton from  retail package, or from your ISP?

EDIT

Also, what part of the world are you in? It might be a geographic specific version issue.

Kudos0

I'm from Poland and it's 30-day trial version downloaded long time ago from Norton site when it was available. 

I remember when I was using Standard edition (retail) bought with a year subscription, there was LifeLock stuff.

Kudos0

If it was a 30 day trial of the New Norton 360, and you are in Poland, the only LifeLock item you would have seen is the Dark Web Monitoring. That is powered by the LifeLock services. But you would not have had any access to the LifeLock credit monitoring services, as these are only offered in the US.

You can verify just what product you now have by logging into your Norton Account at   https://my.norton.com  Then click on the user icon at the top right, and then click on My Subscriptions. Then look for your current subscription and tell us what Norton product you are using. Even though I have Norton 360 installed, my Norton interface just shows Security at the top of the window.

Kudos0

Can you explain, please, the differences among "Norton Security," "Norton Internet Security" and Norton 360? I appear to have annual subscriptions to the last two of these, yet I keep seeing announcements for the latest upgrade to Norton Security and many, many other products and product names. It is impossible to find an explanation for these many names on the Norton website. And I can't figure out how/why I have two security-type Norton products protecting this one laptop computer.

Kudos0

Readmorebeaverton

Already ansered here. Please do not duplicate posts.

https://community.norton.com/en/comment/8266161#comment-8266161

Kudos0

@peterweb

It's Norton Security Deluxe. 

Do you also live outside U.S.? If yes, then it seems that LifeLock (and also it's logo) is region-related. My Norton also says just "Norton Security" at the top of main window, and logo is in old-style (does your 360 also has old-style logo?). 

Kudos1 Stats

This is the main Norton 360 window with a Canadian subscription.

As long as your product is working correctly, there is no need to worry about not seeing a LifeLock logo.

What LifeLock functions do you feel you were seeing after the logo changed on your last product?

Kudos0

It seems I was mistaken - thought that after LifeLock "update", when logo also changed there were some features added like Password Manager, but this feature was always in Standard Norton Security, before LifeLock update. Now I see, that everything is good. Thank you for help :)

Kudos1 Stats

You are welcome. Glad we could help clarify things for you.

Kudos0

I have one more question. I bought again Security Standard for 1 year, is there option to free upgrade this product to 360 Standard? I heard that it was possible some time before.

Kudos1 Stats

Note that you would have to get the new product key you have purchased added to your Account before you attempt the upgrade. The key you just purchased will not be usable to renew the new 360 product. Contact Norton Support and ask them to add the time from your new product key to your current subscription.    www.norton.com/contactcs

Then see bjm_'s post here for a suggestion to get upgraded to the new 360 product.   https://community.norton.com/en/comment/8266841#comment-8266841