• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

I use MS Office 2019 and Outlook. I have to turn off VPN to send an e-mail. Why. Anyone know?

Can anyone tell me why I have to turn off VPN to send an e-mail in MS Office 2019 with Outlook e-mail. I can receive mail just fine.

I'm using Norton 360.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: I use MS Office 2019 and Outlook. I have to turn off VPN to send an e-mail. Why. Anyone know?

Hello Don. What, if any, notification do you get when sending messages? You can post a screenshot into the forums for us to review.  here is how.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1909 / build 18363.535 / N360 Deluxe 22.19.9.63 / Norton Core v.288 on Android 2.22 / Opera GX
Kudos0

Re: I use MS Office 2019 and Outlook. I have to turn off VPN to send an e-mail. Why. Anyone know?

E-mails were setting in my outbox. On a reboot I discovered the e-mails were sent. VPN noted as enabled after reboot and e-mails were in sent folder. I tried sending another e-mail and it did not go out. I turned off VPN clicked on outbox called up e-mail hit send and boom gone. I have to do this every time I want to send an e-mail. It's become a pain in the neck. :( 

Kudos0

P.S. I had no problem with Outlook until I renewed my Norton subscription with the added VPN.

Kudos0

My suggestion would be to disable the VPN in services startup. Hopefully the VPN issues being seen throughout the forums will be corrected and the feature becomes a mature offering soon. I have my VPN disabled as shown below for those reasons.

Cheers

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1909 / build 18363.535 / N360 Deluxe 22.19.9.63 / Norton Core v.288 on Android 2.22 / Opera GX
Kudos0

I have exactly the same problem. 

I also use multiple email accounts in the one Outlook 365 which can cause problems when choosing to send from accounts other than my Primary Email Account. If I happen to forget to turn off VPN before sending from a non-primary account then once I turn VPN off the email is sent from my Primary Email Account rather than the one I initially attempted to send from. The recipient sees the Primary Account as the sender rather than the one intended. I expect this is an Outlook anomaly, however it would not occur if Norton 360 Deluxe VPN worked correctly.

Noel
Kudos0

VPN should not block email from sending or receiving. This is not what it is built for. I am using a Third Party VPN and do not have the same problem. Perhaps, you would like to consider a Third Party VPN instead of depending on Norton VPN. Honestly, Norton VPN is a poor product and it is still in its infancy.

Kudos0

All: Although I use an older version of Office and Outlook, Office Professional 2010,  I enabled Norton VPN in services and rebooted this laptop. I then sent several test messages and awaited their arrival into my inbox to check for VPN send/receive issues. I noted no issues sending or receiving. My ISP is Verizon FIOS, I am on the Norton Core router as well. All of you may want to have a look at this Microsoft article for possible fixes.

One thing noted: Clicking "Open" as shown above doesn't function  AT ALL. No info dialog appears with any information regarding the VPN connection.

Cheers