• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos3 Stats

Automatic Renewal & PRICE

I have the following questions...

1. WHY am I forced to screw around with turning off Automatic Renewal????   Norton should aloow me to sign up IF I WANT IT....NOT....  Be forced to spend my time in your damn system trying to turn it off. 

2. WHY after being a Norton customer for years do you consistantly try to rip me off with higher prices than a new customer or those that get discounts. WHY!!!!    WHY!

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: Automatic Renewal & PRICE

Why isn't Norton addressing this a monitor has to have seen it by now
Kudos0

Users may enroll or cancel Automatic Renewal & remove payment method at anytime.

Norton automatic renewal option does not equate to "best price" nor "loyalty discount". 
Shop around for best price from reputable vendor. 

Kudos3 Stats

Thats ok.... I think the solution is to tell Norton to stuff it.  

Kudos3 Stats

My reply to this....

"Users may enroll or cancel Automatic Renewal & remove payment method at anytime.

Norton automatic renewal option does not equate to "best price" nor "loyalty discount". 
Shop around for best price from reputable vendor."

I dislike spending my $$ and being automatically enrolled into ANYTHING that I then have to spend my time trying to cancel. It's poor customer service, poor customer relations and frankly, insipid to treat a long time customer or any customer that way. 

It's obvious that the renewal option does not equate to the best price....worse than that it's a rip off!!! Again, I have spent my $$ with Norton only to be screwed on the price when it's time to renew. WHY? WHY does Norton thing this is good business relations.  Norton has a pretty good security solution I think but business practices like this make me wonder.  I dislike (Detest) dealing with anyone that I have to watch to keep them from picking my pocket.  Simply put..... It just sucks. 

Kudos0

Kudos0

THE TWITTER LINK IS NOT VALID

THE OTHER LINKS ARE DO NOT ADDRESS THE ISSUES RAISED IN THE THREAD

Kudos0

Kudos0

Norton subscriptions are recurring term subscriptions.  Norton subscription requires user account and user payment method for recurring subscription service.  Virus Protection Promise requires user activate automatic renewal.  

Activate pre-paid Norton subscription purchased from retail store

To install your Norton product purchased from a retail store or a third-party affiliated website, you must create a Norton account or add the purchased product to the existing account. For more information, read Update your Norton account settings.

During the setup process, you will receive a prompt to enroll in an automatically renewing subscription. For more information, read: FAQ: Norton Security subscription and renewal

If you have already installed Norton on your device, you can activate it using the product key. For more details, see Learn how to use Norton product key.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v132083659 

Users may contact Official Norton Support for help with pre-paid Norton subscription purchased from retail store.

User may enroll or cancel Automatic Renewal & remove payment info at anytime. 
Update Norton account > https://support.norton.com/current/solutions/v52531049

I want to turn off my Automatic Renewal Service

1. Go to the My Subscription tab.

2. Move the Automatic Renewal switch next to your Norton service to OFF.

3. In the Turn Off Automatic Renewal page, click Turn Off.

4. Click Close.

If your Norton subscription includes Norton Virus Protection Promise, you will no longer receive Norton Virus Protection Promise and other benefits associated with it once you turn off the service. Norton prompts you to manually renew the subscription when it expires next time.

Please review: Update your Norton account settings >
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v54033503

Kudos0

So all of this makes it ok for Norton to: 

1. Enroll a PAYING customer in auto pay.... so we are forced to go opt out. 

2. OVERCHARGE customers using your auto pay feature ... by about 4 times what it cost if I just go pay and download the software.

3. Collect and save a customers private payment information without our permission. 

I don't think so.  I have been in business for 30+ years and you will NEVER convince me that treating a customer like a piece of crap is ok.   You lost 90% of our business this year ....after we have used Norton for about 8 or 9 years. This will be the LAST purchase we ever make from Norton.  Lifelock.... don't you mean Lifescrew!!!!