• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

101% completion on backup error.

Why is it I started getting these 101% when backing up and only backing up 32 meg instead of the 5 gig I have been?? Was there a change on Norton's side that we don't know about? I have no way of really knowing what is going on with this backup unlike when using other programs. I made no changes to anything on my side.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 101% completion on backup error.

Hello Todd

There was an incremental update released last week. If you can give me a screenshot of it sitting at 101% I can query the engineering team about it. It should stop at 100% though.

Kudos0

Wes,

So you are saying it will now do an incremental backup instead of the full its been doing? Is the backup working correctly only doing the small amount then? And I'll have to work on a screen shot.

Kudos0

screen shot

Kudos0

Hello Todd

I've spoken with our engineering team about this issue. They have confirmed the backups are indeed working properly. This is one of those situations that is not a bug but a side effect of an update made. The update requires a second piece to be released, a back end component, before it is rectified. That should be in a matter of a couple of weeks assuming all goes well with testing. Till then please ignore the weird percentages.

Kudos0

Good to know that issues are being worked on to make it better..

Kudos0

I am having the same problem where suddenly a week ago my storage usage started saying it was at 170%, but my total is still around 20 gb.  I have waited for a week assuming this would get corrected,,, but I it has now been a week since anything has been backed up.  That is the point of the software, afterall.

Kudos0

Please read my prior post. It has all the details to answer your query. 

Kudos0

Wes,

I dont mind waiting for the fix for the percentage.... but I am concerned because it stops the backup.  It is now going on two weeks since any of my computers had a good backup.  

Is there a way to get a backup done?  I need about 18gb and am supposed to have 25 gb and it says 170%.  Can you raise the storage limit temporarily for the backup to complete.  I just need to get a backup done at least weekly.

Kudos0

Hi wthomas

If the backups are never completing there is another issue going on besides the percentage. I think we can best serve resolving your issue if we can have my team work with you. If that sounds good to you let me know and we can coordinate obtaining all the needed info.

Kudos0

Wes,

Happy to work on it.  My id/email is [removed].  The backup goes thru the process and then errors saying that I am out of storage.   I have three computers backing up 12gb, 2gb and 2gp respectively.  The storage bar suddenly around 10/12 started saying I was at 170% of 25 gb.  

As I said, I am happy to wait for a product update, but I need some way of completing a backup.  It has been almost three weeks.

[Edit: Removed Email Address to conform with the Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service]

Kudos0

Hi Wthomas

Can you send me the specifics via private message? Posting your email publicly is against the forum policies for security purposes. 

Kudos0

I am not sure how to send/post a private message.

Kudos0

Hi WThomas

I have  your message and have replied.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.