• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

130% CPU on paranoia? "El Capitan 10.11.2"

Hello, dear team Norton!

I regret to inform you that today I was forced to remove your product with my Mac. 
I couldn't resist the temptation of silence instead of a hot and noisy affair with your security.
I have disabled anything that looks like a "scan while idle" or "background" and "routine checks".
Experimented many times and recently on the forums found out that this is your "paranoia" is not treated and being with her in reciprocity
you need to be willing to sacrifice 130% (that's how much takes your "daemon") CPU (MacBook Pro 2011 8 Gb RAM, 250 Gb SSD  "El Capitan 10.11.2") resources, and noise of the cooler, which goes out of his way to put out the fire of paranoia.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 130% CPU on paranoia? "El Capitan 10.11.2"

Hello, dear team Norton

I'm having the same problem as HudeMansing.

I have a MacBook Pro 2011 4GB ram with a 320 GB SSD running on OS X 10.11.3 .

I hope somebody fix this very big problem otherwise i will have to remove Norton from my computer.

Kudos1 Stats

Same problem.  

I've researched this extensively, and the only solution is to remove your Norton products.  Be sure to cancel any automatic billing, then follow the bottom set of instructions on this link:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/norton-security-mac/current/solution...

I've tried all Norton support options, but they don't even admit there is a problem.  Too bad, I used to like there products.

Kudos0

I removed all my products from Norton today as well for the same problem.

Kudos0

Five months later and still no solution. I have the same problem. I tried upgrading to Sierra beta and now Sierra RC, but it's still happening. I had the same experience as "Fed Up With Symdaemon" when I tried to use Symantec Support - they wasted a lot of my time, but all they did was uninstall-reinstall several times. I spent actual money to buy this software and I think I'm going to have to uninstall it and accept the loss.

Does anybody know of any decent security software for a Mac?

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.