• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

16.7 Hotfix via Live Update - How do you know if you got it?

How can you tell if the hotfix for 16.7.2.10 was downloaded automatically by Live Update.  Is there a new version number or some other indicator?  I currently have NIS09 ver 16.7.2.10.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 16.7 Hotfix via Live Update - How do you know if you got it?

How can you tell if the hotfix for 16.7.2.10 was downloaded automatically by Live Update.  Is there a new version number or some other indicator?  I currently have NIS09 ver 16.7.2.10.
Kudos0

If the hotfix has been installed through LiveUpdate, you'll be prompted to Reboot your system.  Thanks!
Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

How soon should we expect that live update will have updated all 16.7 machines...i.e., when should I expect to see the update on my machine?
Kudos0

The deployement of the Fix via Live Update is being done in a phased manner. You will receive it within the next couple of days. You will be prompted to reboot within 6 hours of receiving the patch.

Thanks for your patience!

Kudos0

If you have 16.7 and have already installed the hot fix (received by email) will you still get the fix via live update?
Kudos0

Hi

I received the hotfix last night and was not requested to reboot, just like I was never requested to reboot when I originally got .10 antivirus program. I never had any problems with the program like many others did, but I still got the hotfix via auto live update.. I knew about it because I saw the files in my recycle bin and then did a search and saw that they were there on my computer. Hopefully, when I reboot later this afternoon, I won't have any problems since I didn't need the hotfix to start with.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

Hawkeyelom wrote:
If you have 16.7 and have already installed the hot fix (received by email) will you still get the fix via live update?

If you had already manually installed the hotfix, you will not be receiving the hotfix via LiveUpdate. Thanks!

Tony Weiss | Norton Forums Global Community Manager | Symantec Corporation

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.