• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

16.7.2.10 - `HotFix` - Temp files

G`day:

Ever since installing th `HotFix` for 16.7.2.10 , I can not delete these Temp files.

[IMG]http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp341/Bowwie_01/Tempfiles5.gif[/IMG]

Computer #1 - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 IE11 NIS Version: 22.5.5.15 Malwarebytes`Anti-Malware - free (on demand) SAS - free (on demand) #2 - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 IE11 NIS Version: 22.5.5.15 Malwarebytes`Anti-Malware - free (on demand) SAS - free (on demand)

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 16.7.2.10 - `HotFix` - Temp files

G`day:

Ever since installing th `HotFix` for 16.7.2.10 , I can not delete these Temp files.

[IMG]http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp341/Bowwie_01/Tempfiles5.gif[/IMG]

Computer #1 - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 IE11 NIS Version: 22.5.5.15 Malwarebytes`Anti-Malware - free (on demand) SAS - free (on demand) #2 - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 IE11 NIS Version: 22.5.5.15 Malwarebytes`Anti-Malware - free (on demand) SAS - free (on demand)
Kudos0

Hi Bowwie,

Did you try restarting the computer and then delete those temp files as soon as you reboot?

If not, try that first. If the problem persists, try disabling Norton Tamper Protection and then delete those files. Alternatively, you can restart the computer to Safe Mode and then try deleting those files.

Yogesh

Kudos0

Hi Bowwie,

Can you give me more details about the files that cannot be deleted. Are you indicating that the temporary internet files are not getting deleted? The file maybe in use,as Yogesh indicated, please restart your machine and try again. If you still suspect, try turning off Norton tamper protection.

Let us know.

Thanks

Saurabh

Kudos0

I have reStarted the computer several times and checked to see if I could delete them and `NO`

I`ve disabled Norton Tamper Protection and checked to see if I could delete them and `NO`

I`ve went into Safe Mode and there was `NO` files in the %TEMP% Folder ?

------------------------------------------------

After a reStart the tmp. files `Date Modified` Changed up to the current Date and Time.

Also, after a reStart a `New File Folder ( WPDNSE ) was created in the %Temp%.

Before downloading the New Version: 16.7.2.10 , I could clean my %TEMP% Folder totally clean.

Do these tmp. files in the %TEMP% Folder have something to do with the

NIS 16.7 Framework error `HotFix` that was installed 

Kudos1 Stats

Hi Bowwie,

I did a quick Google search and the WPDNSE folder seems to be created by Windows Media Player 11.

http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/627185.htm

There are no tmp. files are created by the Hotfix.

Hope this helps.

Saurabh

Kudos0

G`day: Saurabh

This just seems weird that before I downloaded Version: 16.7.2.10 ,

I could keep the %TEMP% clean with CCleaner and manually deleting the rest,

sometimes a reStart was needed for some, and then deleted OK.

I`am going to seek more advice before I start using ( https ... banking, trading etc ... )

Maybe I have a ( watcher ... Virus ... RootKit ... hmm ... ) ? 

I will update the post when I find more info.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.