• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

200 blocked websites suddenly went to 86 websites

I tried adding a bunch of sites to block this morning.  I had over 200 sites saved.  (I was saving as I went along).  I signed out and signed back in and there were only 86 sites listed as blocked!!!!!

Ugh.  Norton!!!

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 200 blocked websites suddenly went to 86 websites

Does Norton compare the blocked list to it's own blocked list and delete the ones that are the same?

Kudos0

Is there a limit to how many sites you can block?

Kudos0

Hi mhansen,

The current version of Norton Family allows 100 for each block and allowed list.

What version of Norton Family is installed on the machine?

What operating system is running on the machine, ex, Windows XP or Windows 7..?

Were you able to see all 200 websites saved and listed on the webpage before you logged out?

Is it possible that there are duplications among the 200 websites?

Thanks

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

Katie.

Only 100 blocked?!!  Ugh.  That is not even close to enough.  Will they be changing this?

I am mainly running Windows 8 and I have version 3.2.0.

I WAS able to see all 200 websites before I was logged out.  I was entering them and then it got stuck "checking" and then it logged me out.  But I had saved when there were 200 websites before that.  

There can't be duplications because Norton tells me if there is and won't let me enter them.  There were different endings like *.org or *.com.

Kudos0

mhansen,

The team is planning to increase the max allowed for the block and allowed list in a future release.

Is the version 3.2.0 you are referring to for Norton Family?  The latest version of Norton Family is 2.6.0.61

We will check into this issue.

Thanks,

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

I went to the file I had and looked at the version.  Can you tell me a better way to check the version of Norton Family?  I just downloaded it the other day so I assume it's the newest.

Kudos0

mhansen,

Please click on the Norton Family icon in the system tray and select “About Norton Family”.  The latest version Norton Family is 2.6.0.61.

Thanks,

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

Just checked and I do have version 2.6.0.61.

Kudos0

When will Norton allow more than 100 blocked websites?

Kudos0

I just checked out the link and it says to:

1. Under Categories, click Dispute site categorization.
  2. On the Web page that appears, if you think that the current category of this Web site is incorrect, uncheck the current category and select a category from the drop down list.
  3. Select a category from the category list.
  4. Specify the reasons why you think the category for this site should change.
  5. Click Send.

I do not see a "Dispute site categorization" under "Categories".  (I have attached a screen shot.)

Kudos0

Hi mhansem

Please see the screen shot below. 

Thanks,

Katie

Thanks Katie
Kudos0

Thanks for clarifying that part of my question.

I still don't understand why Norton let me enter 200 sites and then reduced it to 86.  If 100 are allowed, then why weren't 100 at least left.  And, why doesn't Norton have a warning that you can't enter any more after 100 so you don't keep adding them only to have them all deleted.  

Plus, there is a glitch because twice it locked up on "Checking..." after I'd entered a website to block and then it logged me out.

Kudos0

Hi mhansen,

The team is planning to extend # of individual allowed and blocked websites in a near future release.  If you are still experiencing any issues, please let me know.

Thanks,

Katie

Thanks Katie

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.