• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

2010 renewal eligability?

Hello

Currently have 3-key NISS 2010.       Renewal upcoming in November, 2010.

If i can purchase a ''one(1)-key' version of NISS 2010 on sale locally at a great price can i use 'just' this one-key version or will my currently installed 3-key 'reject' being dropped- down to one key ? 

Guess what i'm asking is must one 'renew' with the 'same' product - a 3-key version?  I also have no use for the 3 key version but that's what was on sale when i bought my currently installed product.

thanks in advance !  Edythe

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 2010 renewal eligability?

Hello EDYTHE

Welcome back to the Norton Community Forum

You can enter a key for 1 computer since it is still for NIS and make sure it isn't a netbook version of the program. Just make sure that you won't have any need for a key for more than 1 computer. Also, please don't put in the new key until a day or two before the expiration date or else you will lose any time that you have left of the subscription.

Hope this helps.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

floplot wrote:

Hello EDYTHE

Welcome back to the Norton Community Forum 

You can enter a key for 1 computer since it is still for NIS and make sure it isn't a netbook version of the program. Just make sure that you won't have any need for a key for more than 1 computer. Also, please don't put in the new key until a day or two before the expiration date or else you will lose any time that you have left of the subscription.

Hope this helps.  Yes very helpful and won't have the need for another 'key' ....but how does one tell the 'netbook' version from one for a P.C.?   Will that be noted on the packaging?  if so - where should i look ..I.E. side of box, etc.   Many thanks for your help !  Edythe

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Hello EDYTHE

If it is the Netbook edition, the front of the box would say Internet Security and under that it would say Netbook Edition.

The regular NIS 2010 will say Internet Security 2010 on it

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.3.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

floplot wrote:

Hello EDYTHE

If it is the Netbook edition, the front of the box would say Internet Security and under that it would say Netbook Edition.

The regular NIS 2010 will say Internet Security 2010 on it 

Fantastic !   .... and i will remember to use the 'new' key only a few days prior to expiration of current....(if i can actually get it ...i'll see if my local store will match the store clear across town that has it advertised this week !! )  But i needed this information before calling tomorrow ...  Many Thanks !!  Edythe

Kudos0

Hi EDYTHE,

Welcome back, I remember you.

If you consider your problem solved please mark this thread by clicking the Accept as solution button on the post which you believe contained the solution. This will allow others to know the problem is solved and quickly get to the solution when they search the forums.

Best wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32* Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari. Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.6.0.32
Kudos0

AllenM wrote:

Hi EDYTHE,

Welcome back, I remember you.

If you consider your problem solved please mark this thread by clicking the Accept as solution button on the post which you believe contained the solution. This will allow others to know the problem is solved and quickly get to the solution when they search the forums.

Best wishes.  OPPS!  Sorry about not doing that - you've all be just great !!!  Best Wishes to all - Edythe

Allen

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.