• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

2012 - Online Family Button

The Online Family button in the Internet Security 2012 GUI gives the option to log in to Norton Online Family. 

Using the correct user name and password (tried manual entry, and copy / paste etc.) fails with "the user name or password you entered is incorrect.".

Logging on directly to the Online Family Website with same user name and password works correctly.

Any ideas please?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 2012 - Online Family Button

The Online Family button in the Internet Security 2012 GUI gives the option to log in to Norton Online Family. 

Using the correct user name and password (tried manual entry, and copy / paste etc.) fails with "the user name or password you entered is incorrect.".

Logging on directly to the Online Family Website with same user name and password works correctly.

Any ideas please?

Kudos0

Why was this moved from Internet Security forum  shannons ?  Online Family is working correctly.  The Internet Security 2012 interface to Online Family does not !

Kudos0

pd123,

I am able to login to Norton Online family from NIS 2012.

Could you please try again. If still problem exists please let us know the which version of Norton Internet Security 2012 is present in your system.

Thanks,

Ashok

Kudos0

Hi Ashok,

Have tried again,  even had to wait 10 minutes because of too many failures.  Also tried from different computer. 

I can log in to web page directly OK (cut / paste same user name and password).

I had one thought - I use UK english keyboard and I have special characters in the password.  Could the Internet Security interface not be handling this correctly?

Kudos0

pd123,

Please mention your Internet Security 2012 version.

To find version:-

From the Internet Security Main UI --> goto support link --> goto About --> Version:?

Thanks,

Ashok

Kudos0

Ooops, sorry

Kudos0

pd123,

Thanks for letting me know the version. You are having the latest version on the system.

Can you check whether you are having the BETA version of NIS 2012.

To find this:

On NIS main UI, top right corner you will see a word 'BETA'.

NIS BETA version supports only Online Family BETA version.

If you are having NIS BETA version on your system, please update to retail NIS 2012 layout. Please visit

www.norton.com for latest NIS 2012 products.

Thanks,

Ashok

Kudos0

pd123,

We are looking at the issue, while we are working on it.

Will let you know the resolution as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Ashok

Kudos0

Thanks Ashok, and no, I have never installed any Beta versions.

Kudos0

pd123,

There seems to be an issue with handling special characters, we are looking into the issue. Please change password not containing special characters, and let us know if that worked for you.

Thanks,

Ashok

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.