• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

22.11.2.7 NIS toolbar in FF 56.02 and 57 missing

22.11.2.7 NIS toolbar in Firefox 56.02 and 57 (FF 64 bits on W8.1(64)) is missing.

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: 22.11.2.7 NIS toolbar in FF 56.02 and 57 missing

Hi @bolean,

Thanks for reporting in Norton Community Forums. We have released a New Norton Identity Safe extensions for Firefox with Norton 22.11.2.7 update. Please refer Norton 22.11.2.7 release announcement for more details. To install Norton extensions for Firefox please refer our Norton Support article :Cannot find the Norton Security Toolbar in Mozilla Firefox 

Sunil_GA | Norton Forums Administrator | Symantec Corporation
Kudos0

Thanks.

Kudos0

I have Firefox 52.4.0 esr which  is the last FF update for XP SP3.  My Norton  toolbar has disappeared also with updating Norton to v. 22.11.2.7.  However configuring Norton toolbar from the Norton window brings up the Norton safe search and green safeweb tick.  There is no green icon against individual searches as before.  I assume all is correct. All is green with Norton window.

Furthermore the 1 x installation glitch with XP still shows in "help" - "Get Support" and has not been corrected.

Kudos0

Further to above - I do get the green icon against searches if I use Norton searches but not with Google.

Kudos0

If I understand right, since the Norton Safe Web, Norton Identity safe, Norton Safe Search are browser add-ons, it has nothing to do with NIS or NS installation any more.
Kudos0

Hello.

I just updated to NS 22.11.2.7 and the safeweb icons are missing in Google searches in FF 56.0.2. They appear in IE 11 (I am using Windows 8.1) I do see the Green Safeweb check mark in the upper right corner of FF. Does this now replace the Google search result safeweb icons? I've looked around the Norton community site and the explanations provided by Norton are not clear. Is it possible to get the Google search safeweb icons back with FF 56.0.2?

Kudos0

Hello CurrentR

I don't use Firefox myself, but I believe if you update to the new FF 57, you will see that FF has gotten fid of Toolbars. I believe that Norton combines the Safe Web with the Safe Search on top. Norton is aware that customers would like to see the Annotations back in Google searches. Perhaps they will be able to come up with something else than the new combined functionality.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

P.S. Here is the Norton KB about this. Please expand the FF listing.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v117744069_ns_retail_en_us

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.17.1.50 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.