• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

22.12.1.15 killed Norton antispam with outlook

Over half our office PCs that have updated now cannot load new mail.  Norton Antispam has encountered a "serious issue" and can't proceed.  This started with the new version.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 22.12.1.15 killed Norton antispam with outlook

Hello NortonoftheSea Check to ensure that the antispam addin is registered.

Retired military (Navy 1980-2002) "From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1803 / build 17134.319 / NSBU 22.15.1.8 / Norton Core v.267
Kudos0

It's been registered since it was installed.  We didn't change it.  Are you saying the update may somehow unregister it?

Kudos0

Here's a picture of the outlook error that started popping up with the new Norton update.  Kills email.

File Attachment: 
Kudos0

Hello

Which Office do you have?  A possible workaround would be to disable Norton AntiSpam and let Outlook put the Spam into the Junk Folder.

Have a Good Night and

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NS with BackUp 22.15.1.8 Core Firmware 267 I E 11
Kudos0

Combination of Office 2007 and Office 2010 machines.  Of course I can disable/uninstall Norton anti-spam, but why are SO MANY Norton updates thrown out without adequate testing leading to problems in the real world that are very inconvenient in an office?  We had the one last year that blue-screened our computers for DAYS before Norton straightened it out.  There's no excuse for it.

Kudos0

NOTS Disable the addin and run live updates on each machine. Sorry for the late reply, been shoveling snow since 6 am this morning.

Cheers

Retired military (Navy 1980-2002) "From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1803 / build 17134.319 / NSBU 22.15.1.8 / Norton Core v.267
Kudos0

So has a liveupdate been pushed out that fixes the problem?  What new version am I looking for?

Kudos0

Version 22.12.1.15 is the latest version. I've had my laptop off all day and just got this update a bit ago. I have no clue if it will clear your issue. Cheers

Category: AntiSpam
Date & Time,Risk,Activity,Status,Recommended Action
3/7/2018 3:13:19 PM,Info,AntiSpam definitions version 20180307.005 downloaded,Detected,No action required

Kudos0

It's been registered since it was installed.  We didn't change it.  Are you saying the update may somehow unregister it?

Yes it is possible that some settings get reset after a big update. The suggestion for you to check would still be a good one, even to rule out a possible option.

So has a liveupdate been pushed out that fixes the problem?  What new version am I looking for?

If a LiveUpdate was pushed out to address something like this, it would not change your Norton product's version number. It would be an update to a specific functions files. Others here many know which updates to look for in your Norton LiveUpdate History.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.