• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

22.7.0.76 auto protect off, scan won`t run.

Last week i had the issues with the 75 update that every one else had, i uninstalled and reinstalled the old version to get rid of that update..

Now i have been given the 22.7.0.76 update along with its new problems.

The auto protect turns itself off after a minute or two, the scan will not run..

The auto fix finds no way to repair and my pc states i am not protected and at risk.

I am running a clean install of windows 7 that i have just installed.

My other pcs are running the old updates 22.6.0.142 and have no issues.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 22.7.0.76 auto protect off, scan won`t run.

Do you find similar...Does restart or full shut down n' cold start help...?

Kudos0

Restart or shutdown does not help.

Along with the scan fail i get codes 3038, 104.

The status is telling me i am not protected.

Kudos0

So, is Auto-Protect Off or On and greyed out...

Kudos0

At first it was greyed out and off, it is now greyed out and on.

It is still showing "at risk" with the red cross, and the scan will still not run.

EDIT: it is now back to greyed out and off and now sonar protection is greyed and on with a padlock symbol next to it, as is download intelligence.

Kudos0

Hmm, when I have On n' greyed.  Restart (usually) sorts. 
I run programs with Very Few Users and Very New reputation. 

Kudos0

On restart the red cross appears straight away but then after a minute the green tick appears, then another minute later the red cross is back.

Kudos0

I am having the exact same problem.  Started today at 4:00PM EST.  after live update got message to restart computer.  After restart got error 3035,6.  If I try a quick scan I get error 3038,104.   I have followed all the automated suggestions and the same thing happens following the restarts.  Actually I have not tried the uninstall/reinstall action yet.  I am hoping to avoid that if at all possible.

I did another live update and more updates went on and then another restart.  I no longer get the error 3035,6 but I still get error 3038,104 when I do a quick scan. 

Kudos0

just noticed same as posted here Permalink
I'll try Restart....

Kudos0

OK so after last live update I did another restart and I no longer have autoprotect off.  Autoprotect is now green.  But I still have the problem of error 3038,104 when I attempt to do a quick scan.  Can anyone help?

Kudos0

Sheldon Sutton:  OK so after last live update I did another restart and I no longer have autoprotect off.  Autoprotect is now green.  But I still have the problem of error 3038,104 when I attempt to do a quick scan.  Can anyone help?

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v63797269

Kudos0

Yes I saw that one and did everything in it but no joy.  However I just kept doing live updates and when something new came in then I would do the restart.  eventually the quick scan started working again.  All is well.  thanks for all your help. 

Kudos0

Sheldon Sutton:  Yes I saw that one and did everything in it but no joy.  However I just kept doing live updates and when something new came in then I would do the restart.  eventually the quick scan started working again.  All is well.  thanks for all your help. 

Yeah, as you observed.  Even with Automatic LiveUpdates.  Best practice is run LiveUpdates until no updates beginning and end of session.  Even with tray Icon green check supposedly indicating all is okay.  Run LiveUpdates from tray Icon help you check for greyed Auto-Protect.  Regards

Kudos0

On trying again this morning, my live update no longer works either!!

Kudos0

Hello davey

It sounds like you may need to try a remove and reinstall. Please read the beginning paragraph. If that doesn't help, we have something else for you to try.

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v60392881_EndUserProfile_en_us

www.norton.com/nrnr

Please come back and let us know how you made out.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Norton Core Security Plus 22.18.0.213 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.