• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

22.9 ignore list doesn't work

Hello. Ignore list rules just don't work in new version of NS (22.9.0.68). For example, NS blocked utorrent, I said it to ignore, also tried to add app to ignore list, but rules just do nothing, NS still blocking utorrent no matter what.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 22.9 ignore list doesn't work

Uninstall NS, then install NS 22.8 and disable this - "automatic download new version"

Here official link to 22.8 

http://buy-download.norton.com/downloads/2015/22.8.1/NS/US/NS-ESD-22.8.1...

Kudos0

Artem:  Uninstall NS, then install NS 22.8 and disable this - "automatic download new version"

> disable this - "automatic download new version" will not stop 22.8 to 22.9 product update which is delivered thru Automatic LiveUpdate On.   

> disable this - "automatic download new version" will (in theory by past practice) stop version 22.x to version 23.x

Kudos0

I solved this by marking file as "Trusted" in "File Inside".
But I just reported that "exclude file from all future scans" functionality doesn't work properly in new version.

Kudos0

They are 2 options for exclude items.

1) Exclude from Scans

2) Exclude from Auto-Protect, Sonar, and Download.

If utorrent is blocked when you use it then the 2nd choice is where the exclusion needs to be set.

Jim

Kudos0

They are 2 options for exclude items.

1) Exclude from Scans

2) Exclude from Auto-Protect, Sonar, and Download.

If utorrent is blocked when you use it then the 2nd choice is where the exclusion needs to be set.

I'm talking about auto-protect of course (I don't use scans anyway).

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.