• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

360 and Antivirus

I recently fell victim of what I would call viciious malware attack.  Having already having Norton 360 installed, I decided to install Norton Antivirus in addition thinking it was the right thing to do.  However it seems, I may be wrong as during the installation process all indications were that it  had removed 360 in the process.

Does anyone have any suggestions/solutions or have I did the wrong thing in the first place? I was rather panicked by the whole episode.

Many thanks for anybodys/all your help

Kind regards

Inajam

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 360 and Antivirus

I recently fell victim of what I would call viciious malware attack.  Having already having Norton 360 installed, I decided to install Norton Antivirus in addition thinking it was the right thing to do.  However it seems, I may be wrong as during the installation process all indications were that it  had removed 360 in the process.

Does anyone have any suggestions/solutions or have I did the wrong thing in the first place? I was rather panicked by the whole episode.

Many thanks for anybodys/all your help

Kind regards

Inajam

Kudos0

Hi inajam,

Norton Antivirus is a component of Norton 360.  Norton will not allow you to install two versions of the same Norton product.  If you want to keep Norton 360, uninstall the Norton AV and reinstall N360. You can get a product refund if you qualify, here: 

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20100512172507EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

Kudos0

Why was I allowed to buy it then?  Also I tried to send a message but nothing seems to be happening?

Kudos0

inajam wrote:

Why was I allowed to buy it then?  Also I tried to send a message but nothing seems to be happening?

Many Norton customers purchase and use multiple products - just not on the same computer.  Sorry, I don't understand what you mean, you "tried to send a message."  Can you be more specific?

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.