• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

360 BLOCKS DNS ACCESS

I have a new All-in-one AIO 700 24ISH.  Last week I lost access to the internet and local network.  I ran the Norton help and it loaded the Norton DNS server address in my IP4 configurations.  This let me access the internet but my local services still didn't work.  I contacted Norton and they spent about 3 hours researching the problem.  Finally the tech said he needed to pass this problem up the food chain.  At that point I got disconnected.  I removed Norton 360 and all is well.  I also tried McAfee and it didn't cause any problems.  I would switch but have a subscription to Norton for the other computers in the house(oh they are working fine).  I also don't like the idea of using Norton Safe servers for my internet access and would rather just use my default ISP DNS.  Any ideas? 

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 360 BLOCKS DNS ACCESS

As you have a new computer, did it come with any preinstalled security trial? If so, you need to fully remove that with the removal utility for that program before installing 360. If you let us know what security program is there, we can guide you to the proper removal utility.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

see above

Kudos0

Well I downloaded the remove and reinstall utility as suggested.  It ran after it was all said and done I still have the DNS error.  Norton help reloaded its default DNS settings so I can access the internet through the Norton DNS but still not local network access. 

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Norton Tech support increased the number of filter drivers on my system and it solved the problem.  He said that there was some kind of conflict between Norton and the network filter driver.

Kudos0

Glad you found a solution. Thanks for letting us know.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.