• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

360 Premier Locked

360 premier on a gateway all-in-one computer with windows 7 has locked itself  and completely blocked access to the internet. Norton Autofix reports 8504, 104 but can't correct the problem. Downloaded the online tools to fix 8504, 104 on another computer and transferred them via CD but without internet they are useless. Tried to uninstall 360 via windows, but that did not work.  Additionally windows connection wizard won't work.  Norton Utilities is working normally and the rest of the computers functions appear normal. Suggestions on how to uninstall and/or get internet back.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 360 Premier Locked

UPDATE; just discovered that the 11 windows updates that I injstalled before this happened my have caused this.  All eleven updates show successful download, however, when I attempt to remove them they are not showing on the updates you may remove list.  Suggestions?

Kudos0

Hi, sooner747pilot. Those codes as you will know, generally indicate some sort of file corruption.

I presume you have been able to download the NRRT previously.

Normally, that would replace your corrupted install with a fresh one.

have you run a Windows file check using Command Prompt with Administrator privileges, and in the Run box type sfc /scannow

This will let you know if there are any damaged Windows files.

Lastly, have you rebooted your modem/router as well ?, and re the Windows Updates have you checked by opening Windows Updates, and clicking on Installed Updates. You should be able to uninstall them, from there.

Windows 10 Home X 64 Norton Security Premium Latest Version
Kudos0

If restarting your system does not help, it could be your system date, time and time zone are not up to date. This could make Norton think your subscription has lapsed.

That could explain 360 not working, but not the internet block. That is more likely something to do with Windows. Maybe try deleting your Network drivers from Device Manager and restarting your computer. That will refresh the driver install for your network adapter.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.