• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

360 System Tray Icon stays Green when Toolbar completely disabled

I have an issue with the system tray staying green when I completely disable the Norton Toolbar in 360 v4.  Am I the only one with this issue or is there a software bug?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 360 System Tray Icon stays Green when Toolbar completely disabled

I have an issue with the system tray staying green when I completely disable the Norton Toolbar in 360 v4.  Am I the only one with this issue or is there a software bug?

Kudos1 Stats

Hi a123

It is by design. N360 system Tray Icon will be in Green even if you disable the toolbar completely.

The N360 system tray Icon changes to RED ,if you turn off either the “Antiphishing” or “Safe web”

Regards

kishore

Kudos0

Thanks

Is this a new design change?  In version 3.5, 360's system tray icon would change to a caution if the toolbar was disabled.

Kudos0

Just for clarification

By Toolbar completely disabled, I mean all Internet Explorer Symantec add-ons are disabled.  The system tray icon stays green with all Symantec add-ons disabled.

Kudos0

Hi a123

A small correction for my above post ,to be more specific on the behavior of the toolbar.

Add-ons

Status

System tray icon

Symantec NCO BHO

Disable

Orange color(caution)

Norton Tool bar

Disable

Orange color(caution)

Symantec Intrusion Prevention

Disable

Green color

Sorry for the inconvenience caused

Regards

kishore

Kudos1 Stats

Hi a123,

A small correction for my above post ,to be more specific on the behavior of the toolbar with respect to versions of  3.5 and 4.0 . Yes, in N360 v4.0  as per design disabling Toolbar or BHO does not turn off Antiphishing and hence the status is shown as green. Whereas in N360 v3.5 when you disable Toolbar or BHO which in turn switch off the Antiphishing which changes the status icon to caution one. To avoid antiphishing dependency with BHO the design has been changed in N360v4.0 .

Add-ons

Status

System tray icon in V3.5

System tray icon in V4.0

Symantec NCO BHO

Disable

Orange color(caution)

Green Color

Norton Tool bar

Disable

Orange color(caution)

Green Color

Symantec Intrusion Prevention

Disable

Green color

Green Color

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Kindly get back to us if you need more clarifications.

Regards

kishore

Kudos0

Thanks for the version table regarding the system tray icon and the add-ons.  Your table matches what I have observed regarding the Toolbar.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.