• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos1 Stats

360 thinks my PC is Idle when it's not.

For some reason, after a while, if I check my performance tab, N360 shows the dark gray chunk across the whole lower chart and says "Idle" in the middle of it.

After using my PC and checking it again, it continues to show this. There is activity shown behind  the dark gray, so it knows I'm using the PC. This is perplexing me. I have no other scanners or anything running. Not sure that would have anything to do with it anyway.

If I re-boot my machine, it will work properly, going to idle and out when using PC. But at some random time, it will stop doing that and just stay at idle. No, there are no tasks running when I notice this. I do not have anything running that would interfere with Norton. No other AV or Malware scanners at all.

I've run repair (Found nothing), I've ran the RnR tool. Not sure what else it can be.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 360 thinks my PC is Idle when it's not.

For some reason, after a while, if I check my performance tab, N360 shows the dark gray chunk across the whole lower chart and says "Idle" in the middle of it.

After using my PC and checking it again, it continues to show this. There is activity shown behind  the dark gray, so it knows I'm using the PC. This is perplexing me. I have no other scanners or anything running. Not sure that would have anything to do with it anyway.

If I re-boot my machine, it will work properly, going to idle and out when using PC. But at some random time, it will stop doing that and just stay at idle. No, there are no tasks running when I notice this. I do not have anything running that would interfere with Norton. No other AV or Malware scanners at all.

I've run repair (Found nothing), I've ran the RnR tool. Not sure what else it can be.

Kudos0

Hi,

It happens randomly even with NIS, but as long as N360 recognises you pc being idle and all the idle backgound tasks are running properly, there is nothing to be worried about.

It's just a random glitch, do not pay attention, it even happens on both my W7 x64 pc's from time to time and after reboot it is usually cured until next random time.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Kudos0

Can confirm this occassional glitch too. (21.1.0.18)

Kudos0

Some more info (this just happened): After a reboot, I checked the Performance history, and it now shows all the time before the reboot as having been Idle in the 10, 30, and 90 minute views; however, it will show the activity correctly in 1Day view.

Kudos0

N360 has issues. I really wish they would fix things. Norton reports everything is great when you hit the "Get support" link and it does it's self check, but then you check the recent history and you'll see things like Error submission reports because something in 360 bugged out. Then there's this issue with idle time.

It's great that it catches itself and corrects it live, but it's a troubling thing to see these in the history logs.

I know it's working, but you'd think after who knows how many error reports they've gotten from their millions of users that these things would get addressed.

Kudos0

Hi Gorg
I think with every AV program and most programs in general there is always errors with them nothing is ever perfect! But what you should remember is that whatever you are seeing in the logs has already been dealt with by Norton. So if you see these errors like me also. Just ignore them there's not a lot you can do about it I normally get these in the logs when my computer has been left to do idle tasks.

Hope this helps
Regards
Kudos0

Hi,

same problem here with version 21.2.0.38 on Win 7 X64.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.