• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

360 update - windows 7 will now only open with a temporary user profile

Hi

I accepted the 360 update. Windows 7  will now only open with a temporary user profile rather than my normal user profile.

Please let me know how to resolve.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 360 update - windows 7 will now only open with a temporary user profile

Hi

I accepted the 360 update. Windows 7  will now only open with a temporary user profile rather than my normal user profile.

Please let me know how to resolve.

Kudos0

Hi,

N360 update has nothing to do with Windows Profile changes. Can you please let us know what version of n360 you are using? and when was the last update which you run for N360?

Regards,

Prasanna

Kudos0

Thanks,

The update run this morning I believe was for 5.0.

Kudos0

Hi,

I guess there are chances of your Windows user profile been corrupted somehow (but not bcos of Norton )and so your windows loads with Temporary profile all times. Did you try running your machine in safe mode? if not can you please try that once and let us know how it behaves then?

Regards,

Prasanna

Kudos0

Hi

Yes, I tried running in safe mode with no success.

All the restore points seem to have been removed also.

Kudos0

Hi,

Just go through this link : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprogeneral/thread/5ec0b949-effa-4e30-ba09-dc948a4c7a8b ,

few users reported to have this issue and they have resolved by clearing the sub folder entries at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList

Regards,

Prasanna

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.