• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

360 V3 Automatically available through Liveupdate?

Hello, I've noticed a couple of posts mixed in with threads on various troubleshooting topics and I do not recall seeing the answer as to whether version 3 of Norton 360 would be made available through the live update feature? I would of course assume that the answer is yes but it is always best to get the straight answer from those that know for sure :)

If this info. is avail. elsewhere here on the board I apologize. I did not recall seding this specific answer anywhere.

Take care.

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 360 V3 Automatically available through Liveupdate?

Hi mumford

N360 V3 is still in public beta testing, so it would be premature to offer an answer at this time. Stay tuned for any announcements re the official release, and availability options.

Thanks

Message Edited by johna on 02-10-2009 08:18 PM
Kudos0

Okay, sorry about that. I had assumed that V3 would be released in the same manner that V2 and V1 had been released and anyone that knew if those previous versions had been released through the live update feature or if uers had to find it and download it.

Take care.

Kudos0

Hi mumford68,

I think, the V3 update will be available for current users of V2 through LiveUpdate Notice which prompts you to update your product to latest version soon after the release of the final build of Norton 360 v3. It may take some time for the distribution of V3 update through LiveUpdate Notice. For immediate update, you can go ahead and install the trialware of v3 (when it is available)- activate it using the current product key. Only one thing you have to check is whether you have the V2 standard edition or v2 premier edition. Normally the trialware is available only in Standard edition, you may have to check with tech support to get the right upgrade(v3) if you have V2 premier edition.

Yogesh

Kudos0

I would have assumed that it would through the Liveupdate feature but wanted to check before speaking to others about it. Thank you for the information and for everyone that takes the time to go through the forum to help out and spread knowledge!

Thanks Yogesh,

Mumford68

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.