• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

360 v3 Startup Issue

Sometimes, Norton 360 v3 does not appear in the system tray and when I click on the desktop icon I do not get the main program screen.  I can usually get around the issue by rebooting the computer.  I thought maybe it was a conflict with Ad-Aware AE.  I uninstalled Ad-Aware AE, but I still occasionally have this startup issue.Message Edited by a123 on 03-06-2009 04:06 PM

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 360 v3 Startup Issue

Could you kindly advise your precise operating system, and if possible the make and speed of your processor (if known). Could you also give an indication as to how long you wait before trying the desktop icon? You should wait at least 5 minutes to be certain after all other autorun icons appear to be loaded. That means you may have to wait 10 minutes. I am not saying this is normal or correct but

it may help in understanding.

Kudos0

Did you tick fast start button?
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"
Kudos0

The operating system is XP Pro with SP3.
Kudos0

Is the fast start button = to the early load option?  Will this cause other problems?Message Edited by a123 on 03-07-2009 07:31 AM
Kudos0

a123 wrote:
Is the fast start button = to the early load option?  Will this cause other problems?Message Edited by a123 on 03-07-2009 07:31 AM

That's what I meant. No it won't give any problems . It will just tell N360 to start earlier in the boot process

"All that we are is the result of what we have thought"
Kudos0

If the problem persists after trying the earlier boot sequence. have regard to the following but be aware that this paper may not be tailored specifically for v3.

Enabling Symantec Startup files

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.