• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

360 Windows Firewall is on

I am running Norton 360 on two 64 bit PCs.  In both PCs I can access Administrative Tools  > Windows Firewall With Advanced Security.  In one PC the Windows Fire wall is ON for The Domain, Private and Public Profiles.  In the second PC the Windows Firewall is OFF for all three profiles.  The 360 program in both PCs are installed from a license for three PCs so they are the same version and are on the latest update.  There is an Overview note on this page in both PCs stating, "These settings are being managed by vendor application Norton 360."

The Windows Defender Security Center shows the device is protected in the PC with all three profiles set to ON.  In the PC that has all three profiles set to OFF the Virus Threat & Protection and the Firewall and Network Protection both show they are inactive and should be turned ON.

What is the correct configuration for these three profiles?  Passed experience shows there are conflicts when more than one security program is running at the same time.  I thought 360 took care of setting them correctly. 

Labels: Firewall

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 360 Windows Firewall is on

Windows Firewall service should be "on."  See the following article about what you should see in Advanced Security settings when a third-party firewall is installed:

With Symantec Endpoint Protection Network Threat Protection installed, Windows 7 and later indicates that the Windows Firewall is still on

Kudos0

If one of the computers is windows 10 it may be showing you confusing information. Don't worry this will change soon (over the next year or so) when microsoft makes it more confusing, then later slightly less confusing, then ever later than that much more confusing. Perhaps microsoft will pick a direction and stick with it for windows 10 some day.

Kudos0

Or perhaps you will stop making useless remarks.................

Windows 10 Home X 64

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.