• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

451 4.2.0 Internal queueing error after sending email

I have Norton Security version 22.9.3.13 running on my Acer laptop under Windows 10.  I use Thunderbird for email.

Two or three times recently, after the "Email sent successfully" message a pop-up from Norton has come up with the title "451 4.2.0 Internal queueing error after sending email" and the details of the sender, recipient and subject of the email.

Checking my Sent box, the email appears there.

Why does this message appear?

Has the email actually been sent?

Will the email arrive at its destination?

What can be done, if anything, to prevent this happening in future?

Any guidance/help will be gratefully received.

Gordon

I have labelled this as Email scan as it seems to be the closest label there is.

Labels: Email Scan

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 451 4.2.0 Internal queueing error after sending email

Often email errors that seem to be from Norton are actually server errors that Norton is just reporting to you. Can you get  a screenshot next time you see this error.  

Instructions to post screenshots can be found here
https://community.norton.com/forums/how-post-image-forums-0

Who is your email provider?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

I will do that.

My email provider is The Phone Co-op.  I believe that they use TalkTalk servers.

Kudos0

Hello

Please contact them and mention the error code you are getting if this continues. Sometimes it's just a temporary issue, so watch it for a day or 2.

Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view. Windows 7 Pro 64 bit NSBU 22.17.0.183 Core Firmware 282 I E 11 Chrome latest version.
Kudos0

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Thanks for the suggestion, Flopot, and I'll follow it up if the problem continues.  However, since I started this thread the problem hasn't recurred.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.