• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

76/5000 I can not work today, norton is blocking my newly created executables

I am a developer, and TODAY I have this problem, in the software that I have been working for almost 6 months, TODAY has given this problem Norton thinks it has a virus, however recompiling the .exe is deleted and recreated, as something that just To be compiled has a virus? (PS: use MS visual studio 2015)
Of course it is a false positive, but why only today, because there was no such thing yesterday?

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 76/5000 I can not work today, norton is blocking my newly created executables

CelsoLivero:

I am a developer, and TODAY I have this problem, in the software that I have been working for almost 6 months, TODAY has given this problem Norton thinks it has a virus, however recompiling the .exe is deleted and recreated, as something that just To be compiled has a virus? (PS: use MS visual studio 2015)
Of course it is a false positive, but why only today, because there was no such thing yesterday?

Please submit the sample to Norton as FP  so they can investigate and possibly whitelist

https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/

In terms of why this just recently happen, it is hard to tell. If the signature that triggered was a heuristic one, it might be a case that your software is performing in a way that makes symantec think that there is malicious pattern. Unfortunately, we do not have access to the specific of your software or symantec signatures :)

Developers can pre whitelist their software if required https://submit.symantec.com/whitelist/

Accepted Solution
Kudos0

Re: 76/5000 I can not work today, norton is blocking my newly created executables

I have solved the problem by adding the directory where the codes are and where the program is compiled in the sonar whitelist.

Not enough changes were made yesterday for today that would change the nature of the software or something that made it malicious, what was done was to add new views and new modelviews

As I've said before is software in development every day it is changed (of course I'm developing it by adding new things to it), it did nothing but read and write a database.

Kudos0

As a developer, you found about excluding the folder from Sonar, You also need to exclude the working folder from Scans. 

Best practice would be to have a folder for all projects and exclude that folder from the two settings in the image below.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.