• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos0

888.exe

hi im new to the community so first would like to say hi to everyone secondly I ran my Norton scan and after got a virus called 888.exe now the cloud scan says there is not enough evidence to say it is a virus and it is file from the 888 poker site which have thousands of players using the same site should I get rid of it but then cant play poker on there anymore if anyone knows about this your views would be appreciated

Replies

Kudos1 Stats

Re: 888.exe

You can send the .exe to Virus Total to see if other security software agrees with Norton. https://www.virustotal.com/

How did you determine you got a virus if Norton found it clean?

Did it infect your system, or did Norton stop it when it tried to run?

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos0

thanks for your when I ran a scan I then clicked If you think you still have a problem then click here and under the Norton power tool I clicked scan and it found it then thanks for your help

Kudos1 Stats

Why did you think you still had a problem? Was your system behaving strangely?

Kudos0

no its just that it showed up after the scan as a virus I just want to know why it would be there when thousands of players download the 888 site to play poker

Kudos0

Norton Power Eraser is a very powerful tool that can give false positives. We usually suggest it only be used under the supervision of experts. It has been known to even stop Windows from booting.

If you have scanned the file with other resources, and it came up clean, You should be OK.

Kudos0

thank you very much I didn't know that about the power eraser thanks for the advice it was very much appreciated

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.