• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

This forum thread needs a solution.
Kudos1 Stats

9MXHFHKR097P-SymantecCorporation.NortonSafeWeb ?

Windows installed

Replies

Kudos0

Re: 9MXHFHKR097P-SymantecCorporation.NortonSafeWeb ?

Two days ago on this machine.

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.356 / N360 Deluxe 22.19.8.65 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos0

Wondering if this has to do with Windows systems that do not have / don't have IIS running? Two other updates installed on this system on the same date, both seem related to Security updates to browsers:

" Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Cryptography, Windows Datacenter Networking, Windows Virtualization, Windows Storage and Filesystems, the Microsoft JET Database Engine, Windows Linux, Windows Kernel, Windows Server, Windows MSXML, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft Edge" and ASP.net /JET in the other.

"From DOS to Windows10 what a journey it has been" / MS Certified Professional / Windows Server 2016 Essentials / Windows 10 Professional x 64 version 1903 / build 18362.356 / N360 Deluxe 22.19.8.65 / Norton Core v.282 on Android 2.00
Kudos0

FWIW ~ I do not find 9MXHFHKR097P-SymantecCorporation.NortonSafeWeb listed with Windows Update > View update history nor with Installed Updates.  

Kudos0

Neither do I. Here is an expanded view I am using as a reference. The symantec update got pushed with the other 2 regular updates, your confusion as well as mine since it didn't come through Norton Live updates. I also see in archived messages, there are other older entries where unified apps on windows are getting daily updates in the same manner. IE: Your Phone, games, camera. etc. Microsoft definitely pushed something to Edge specifically which didn't come on the last patch Tuesday fiasco.

Kudos0

FWIW ~  View update history

I guess updates for Windows Apps sneak in. 

IDK

Kudos0

Windows apps, yes!! Every 1st boot of the day, I check with TCPView for connections. Winstore apps open numerous connections and update. These Norton updates are sneaking into something Microsoft and Norton have partnered with. Here is one from an earlier date on my current machine.

Kudos0

I've been blissfully ignorant.  

Kudos0

I do not see that entry on my system. Just wondering if it would have anything to do with the Safe Web extension for Edge getting updated?????

Things happen. Export/Backup your Norton Password Manager data.
Kudos1 Stats

peterweb:

I do not see that entry on my system. Just wondering if it would have anything to do with the Safe Web extension for Edge getting updated?????

I would put money on that being it.

Windows 10 x64 1903
Kudos0

So, Windows Apps > Norton Password Manager & Norton Safe Web updates for Edge? 

Kudos0

Someone Norton needs to clarify for a definitive answer, but as Dave suggested and I, these are showing as Microsoft pushing telemetry updates within windows updates and not found in any of the Norton history that I have checked. There isn't anything on TechNet or other MS forums that would point in any direction.

Cheers

Kudos0

...and by "telemetry updates" ... meaning "usage stats" to Microsoft or Norton?

Or, "telemetry updates" ... meaning "updates" to Edge - Norton Password Manager & Norton Safe Web extensions?

Kudos0

Windows 10 x64 1903