• All Community
    • All Community
    • Forums
    • Ideas
    • Blogs
Advanced

Not what you are looking for? Ask the experts!

Kudos0

AccelerometerSt.exe Application Error 0xc000007b

I've just upgraded from NIS to "Norton Security with Back-up", the enhanced version (for existing Norton customers) of the Standard version. Just after installation completed successfully, this appeared:

Does the '"Installation Complete" confirmation override the "Application Error" message i.e. there was a problem but it was then resolved?

OR:

From what I've found, this error usually comes from mixing up 32bit environment with 64bit one. Is there any way I can check if the error still exists?

[Windows 10 (64-bit) - Internet Explorer 11]

Win10 Home v1803 build 17134.345/HP envy/EDGE (rubbish)/IE11 (RIP)11.285.17134.0/ OFFICE 365 Home Personal/Norton Security

Replies

Accepted Solution
Kudos1 Stats

Re: AccelerometerSt.exe Application Error 0xc000007b

A little bit of knowledge is... well a little bit of knowledge.
Kudos0

Thanks for this Krusty13. It hadn't occurred to me that it might be an HP issue. I don't think I'll risk any further action for now - knowing my luck it won't be painless!

PS Just had a thought - I went to Norton Store's confirmation of my order and ran Download again. It installed whatever product I now have [***] again and that error message didn't appear. Phew.

[***] https://community.norton.com/en/forums/upgrade-conflicting-information-afterwards

Win10 Home v1803 build 17134.345/HP envy/EDGE (rubbish)/IE11 (RIP)11.285.17134.0/ OFFICE 365 Home Personal/Norton Security
Kudos0

just googled the problem and i suggest this guide. Follow the simple steps and resolve the issue. worked for me as i have faced the same problem

[removed - old thread]

This thread is closed from further comment. Please visit the forum to start a new thread.